PDA

View Full Version : 40 Tdi - Turbo Lag

zimtimtim
04-04-2019, 09:31 PM
I’ve had my c8 40 Tdi for about a week and done just over 300 miles. Im really not liking the turbo lag. Overtaking, Tuning into a road or round about, nothing’s happens and then launches forth with whiplash. Is anyone else having this?

Glasgow1
04-04-2019, 10:26 PM
And the ride is very harsh. especially on roads in UK. I am trying to compare with BMW and jaguar.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

zimtimtim
04-04-2019, 10:49 PM
I find the ride fine and sits well on the motorway. It’s town driving where I find it a real weight to move.

I was always set in the 530d but outside the company allowance budget. Also consider the Volvo S90. Really impressed with that too.
I’ve had my c8 40 Tdi for about a week and done just over 300 miles. Im really not liking the turbo lag. Overtaking, Tuning into a road or round about, nothing’s happens and then launches forth with whiplash. Is anyone else having this?

Renars
05-04-2019, 07:39 AM
You are talking about boost threshold - it takes certain amount of exhaust gasses that can only be produced at certain RPM and load to spool given size turbo.
Lag is when you give it a gas, it spools up, the you release the throttle and give it again, time it takes to fully spool up again is turbo lag.
You should make video of these situations.
With DSG there should be no problem with this.
You can try driving in S mode, it will hold higher RPM as manufacturers are now silly with keeping them low, with no benefit whatsoever

johnsimcox
05-04-2019, 08:04 AM
And the ride is very harsh. especially on roads in UK. I am trying to compare with BMW and jaguar.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Check your tyre pressures. All of my A6s, right back to the C5, have been very sensitive to tyre pressure. I have no issue with mine driving over the pot hole maze that Surrey County Council call a road

johnsimcox
05-04-2019, 08:06 AM
No different to my manual c7 2.0 Ultra I had before. One thing is that the transmission tales time to learn the drivers style. I am now at 2k miles and found the tranmission is getting much better at selecting the right gear and being more responsive.