PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue

allenmc2311
13-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Brought a 2012 Q5 2.0tdi S Line couple of weeks ago for my wife. 48k with full service Audi service history from Maidstone Audi. Last night the alarm went off during storm and when I tried to unlock the car using remote nothing happened. Had to open car using the key. At which point I discovered the car had no electrical power at all. Not even enough to power dash lights or courtesy lights. Car was collected by dealer (non Audi) this morning. Although they are part of a group which owns the main Audi dealers in Northern Ireland. On a recovery truck. It did start with help of a booster pack. I assumed it was the battery. Dealer confirm this afternoon it was not the battery and they cannot yet trace the issue.

Has anyone else had or heard of this problem?

Thanks

Allen

allenmc2311
22-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Just an update.

Dealer Q5 was brought from could not find cause. Got car back next day, battery recharged.
I have been using the same local Audi. VW garage for last 15 years. We I got the car back took it to him and explained what had happened. Without looking at it he was able to tell me the cause. As he has had a number different Audi's with same issue in recent years. He explained that if one of the doors is not closed property, i.e only catches on first click of lock, the car will not dead lock. The leads to number of electronic systems not shutting down and continuing to draw power. This results in the battery being completely drained overnight. The issue has not happened again

Crasher
23-05-2019, 03:25 PM
This is an annoying thing that happens as we are no longer allowed an audible locking confirmation signal.