PDA

View Full Version : C8 Battery Change

A6-Loz
18-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Had my C8 for a few weeks and already needs key battery changing...I can't see how to change this, can anyone advise please?

johnsimcox
18-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Had my C8 for a few weeks and already needs key battery changing...I can't see how to change this, can anyone advise please?
Page 45 of the driver's handbook explains how to do this, although it does not seem to be easy to find the release catch with the key as shown. Surprised you need a new battery so soon, although I have noticed that the buttons on the key are too easy to press when they are in a trouser pocket, or even just in your hands. Have comeout to find my boot and when washing the car recently lost count of the number of times that the car locked itself

Whippy53
18-02-2019, 02:16 PM
I would drop in to the dealers, shouldn't go flat that quickly.

Nemo78
22-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Have to say that I’ve noticed the key batteries in the new Audi’s are running down very quickly friends and family - Q7, Q5 and A3 all within a year warning to say change battery.

Wonder if there is something else within them working overtime.

johnsimcox
03-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Had this happen to me yesterday. Key would not unlock the car and even once I unlocked it with my phone refused to recognise the key even when placed on the area in the arm rest. Fortunately I was at home so had access to the spare key. Replaced battery and all was good with original key. Strongly recommend keeping a spare CR2032 battery in the car as you could easily be stranded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk