PDA

View Full Version : Polo 1.4 16V AUA - timing tool

roypch
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello Forum

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what the distance between two timing holes on main sprocket and exhaust camshaft sprocket would be when piston 1 is brought TDC as per Haynes manual? (Engine code AUA, 1.4 ltr 16 valve polo 2001)

I did the job without cam shaft setting tool VS1246 from SEALEY and now i am worried whether belt is out by a teeth. is there any tell tale signs when timing is out by a teeth ??

pls help

Roy

kenney
06-11-2007, 04:07 PM
There is no given distance regarding your question.If you use the camshaft setting tool with the engine on TDC you cant go wrong.However there are 2 markings 2v and 4v yours is 4v regarding positioning of the cranckshaft sprocket. One tooth wrong and your valves will hit the pistons.A little advise, always turn the engine over by hand, before trying to start it.That way you can if something is wrong.

roypch
06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Many thanks for that Kenny.

I did not use a camshaft setting tool and hence my cam shaft sproket is out by a 1 or 2 teeth.

Can i get back the timing by bringing crankshaft to TDC mark and then turning top cam shaft sprocket to correct original position by manually turning it (without timing belt) and then using the cam shaft setting tool to check the alignment ? (I have now acquired a cam shaft setting tool after all this mess up)

Thanks again

Roy

kenney
06-11-2007, 11:09 PM
This should be no problem

roypch
06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks again Kenny. I will keep the forum posted on my progress

Roy