PDA

View Full Version : Audio MP3

nicky900
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a head unit with has an integral 6 disc changer and MP3 on the front. I understand this can play MP3 but again probably a stupid question but how? I have music on my MP3 which is Sony stored on my computer. Do I have to burn these to a disc? Do they need converting prior to simply copying to a disc. I think Sony use a format which is not used universally?

Regards

Nick

orangezorki
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Sony have used both their own ATRAC format and MP3 for a while now - it depends which one you have your music stored in. If the files are MP3, then just burn a CD with you tracks in the root folder - that should work.

David.

iaint
06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Nick

The stereo in your car will play CDs with MP3 tracks on them, so yes, you do have to burn the tracks onto a disc.

I'm not sure I fully understand your other question about converting the format. MP3 is a format, don't get confused by thinking MP3 refers to all digital music, it doesn't. Many MP3 players (Sony, Creative, Ipods etc) will play many digital music formats of which MP3 is only one type.

If the tracks on your computer are saved as MP3 tracks then you won't need to convert them, just burn them to disc. I'm not familiar with the Sony software however so I don't know what format Sony use. I would expect though that the software will allow you to convert the files to MP3 if they are indeed in a different format.

Cheers
Iain