BILYTYGR
09-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Hi guys ,looking to pick your brains regarding issues with my A4

I have had it plugged in for diagnostic & the following codes came up

Power stage,High heat ,short circuit to ground / open circuit- PERMANENT

Engine mount solenoid valve ,short circuit to plus - INTERMITTENT

Charge pressure control
Regulating limit surpassed

My reasoning behind getting a diagnostic done ,was because my car keeps going into Limp Mode..
It first happened 3 weeks ago when taking a gentle drive to work ,then was ok when I went to drive home ?
Now in the last week it has happened twice ,once when I was overtaking & the 3rd time in low gear take off in the morning going to work ,on my journey home it happened again .So I have parked the car up and refuse to use it ,in case I occur a bigger problem .
Are the possible problems :- a split intercooler hose ,faulty glow plugs ,sensor problems ,or the Turbo itself ?
I don't know where to start ,if anyone could assist ,that would be awesome

Crasher
09-02-2019, 07:07 PM
It is over boosting and in the vast majority of cases this is a clogged turbo which will need a rebuild, it is not a particularly bad or expensive job on this model.

BILYTYGR
09-02-2019, 07:21 PM
That sounds like it could be the case Crasher , as I haven't been using the car for long trips ,only 2 mile return trips to work & maybe 20 mile trips at the weekend .
Do you think it's worth while trying a can of turbo cleaner 1st ,then if that fails I should strip down the Turbo?
It's a 2.0TDI ,thanks for speedy reply

Crasher
09-02-2019, 11:46 PM
Do you think it's worth while trying a can of turbo cleaner 1st

These cure in a bottle snake oil treatments are about as much use as rubbing a bar of chocolate on the bonnet....