PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.8 chipping cost?

zeratul
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this question is inappropriate for this section.

I've just purchased (not collected yet!) an 04 A4 cab 1.8 sport.

Question: What is a general price for chipping the engine for better performance? I'm sure there are different grades/amounts of performance that can cost a pretty penny, but to start me off - what cost am i looking at for what performance?

Maybe its not as simple as going somewhere and getting it chipped!

Thanks in advance.

J

VanWheeler
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Prices vary between £250 - £600 depending on what you are going for.

Yours will be a remap, is it the 1.8T? If you are in the herts area I can do thsi for you.

Let me know and I'll get you some figures.

Cheers, Mark

zeratul
06-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry - yup - its a 1.8T.

So what sort of extra performacne would just £250 do?

(Not from your area, i'm afraid... Worcestershire... although I am buyiung it from your area!)

VanWheeler
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Can get about 40-45hp and 70-80nm torque out of these.

Give me a call and we'll see if we can tie it in when you pick it up.

07756 190026

Cheers, Mark

bora(ing) nick
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Prices vary between £250 - £600 depending on what you are going for.

Yours will be a remap, is it the 1.8T? If you are in the herts area I can do thsi for you.

Let me know and I'll get you some figures.

Cheers, Mark

Sorry - yup - its a 1.8T.

So what sort of extra performacne would just £250 do?

(Not from your area, i'm afraid... Worcestershire... although I am buyiung it from your area!)

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but i'd just like to drop a quick message to say that Mark (chip n spin) re mapped my bora. I am more than happy with the outcome, the new performance of the car is on par with service received.

Nick

VanWheeler
06-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words Nick.

Cheers, Mark

Sorry to barge in on your thread, but i'd just like to drop a quick message to say that Mark (chip n spin) re mapped my bora. I am more than happy with the outcome, the new performance of the car is on par with service received.

Nick

zeratul
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks Mark - To be completely honest - As I've just bought the
the car I am completely out of money.

I am just enquiring now for the near future as I anticipate being greedy for more bhp as I've been used to a lighter mid engined 2 seater!... but I will definitly consider you as its always best to recieve recomendations (thanks Nick :)

J

zeratul
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
any disadvantages of remapping? problems with the audi dealer or stress on the engine, insurance?

VanWheeler
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Check this Thread out should answer your questions.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13698