PDA

View Full Version : No turbo Acceleration

Mr_Vimto
04-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Hello,
up
I own a passat 1.9tdi 2003 which runs and drives but lacks acceleration. The car is not smoking and there are no engine warning lights. I plugged my diagnostic in and am getting no codes. The boost pressure sensor is reading a constant 22.3psi. The turbo is spinning up with suction when running and turns freely by hand with no binding. There are no abnormal sounds from the engine.

The egr valve was fairly clogged up but flap turns freely, the valve inside however i think is seized but i need to test it properly and will give it a good clean.

All the pipes are in good condition with no leaks.

What should next in my list of checks?

Im a motorcycle mechanic with a good variety of tools getting into my cars but bikes dont have turbos :D

Crasher
05-02-2019, 07:01 PM
The boost should be circa 1000 mBar with the engine off, i.e. atmospheric, yours is showing circa 1500 mBar. The sensor stops at 2280 mBar What are you reading the codes with, an OBDII reader? Does the engine have no power all the time or drive OK and then loose power until the ignition is cycled again.

Mr_Vimto
06-02-2019, 10:09 AM
it has no power all the time. The readings are through a ob2 tester

philipharmes
13-02-2019, 01:00 PM
" The boost pressure sensor is reading a constant 22.3psi "

Is this with the engine just ticking over as well.

If so, Map ( thrust sensor ) is probably faulty.

Crasher
13-02-2019, 06:52 PM
The MAP sensor should read 1 bar with the ignition on, if it is much more then it is stick and FUBAR.