PDA

View Full Version : Warranty and Mobility Guarantee

tommyweaves
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Hello all, new here so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

I have a Dec 05 2.0tdi se saloon, currently in the dealer for a replacement fuel pump (the priming one in the fuel tank) after it packed up at the weekend. I've done nearly 50,000 miles and am struggling to find a definitve answer to the warranty/mobility guarantee question.

The official VW UK site states an unlimited mileage 2 year factory warranty, with an additional 3rd year dealer warranty, but only up to 60,000 miles. My previous car was a 1999 Golf S Tdi, which was still having warranty work done in its third year at 90,000 miles, with no questions asked. Have things changed in recent years? Does this mean in a couple of months when I've done 60,000 miles I'll no longer be covered by the warranty even though it's less than 3 years old? If so, I reckon that's pretty poor!

Also, my handbook clearly states the mobility guarantee covers me for as long as I get my car serviced by a VW dealer, but my local dealer knows nothing of it.

Given that I've had a number of problems with this car I'm a bit disappointed and am considering replacing it with something Japanese. (Did I really say that?!)

What's the score?

Quatrelle
06-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Also, my handbook clearly states the mobility guarantee covers me for as long as I get my car serviced by a VW dealer........
That's certainly the case here in France.