PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Vw touran issue

Andrew1971
27-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Hi new on here but been visiting as a guest for some time. I need a bit of help, I was driving my car when I pulled up to a junction to give way. My car just died, no warning it was going to happen, what I don’t understand is why the engine management light didn’t come on. The car turns over as normal. I drive a VW Touran 1.9 tdi Bkc engine, 55 plate. I got it towed home. Once home I put my diagnostic tool on the car it came up with an error code, P0234 turbocharger/supercharger “a” overboost condition. After looking on this site and many others I changed the EGR value and cleaned the throttle body of carbon build up. Rechecked diagnostic again and error code has gone. So turned the engine over but it still doesn’t start. If I turn the engine over continuously it comes up with stop oil pressure but doesn’t warning doesn’t stay on. Hopefully somebody can help. Thanks Andy

Ste1981
27-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Car would normally start with that code, have you had a little bump on the back end recently, take the lid of the fuel filter see if there is diesel in there, if not probably in tank lift pump failure had it happen to me and didn't throw a code up the stop oil pressure is normall after cranking so long

Andrew1971
27-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Thanks for reply. Will look at fuel filter tomorrow but I haven’t had any bumps that I know of.

stuart
29-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the site :)