PDA

View Full Version : Tdi Glow Plug Relay

Rob G
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I suspect that this relay isn't functioning - poor cold starting, no click sound when the glow plug light goes off, and there's no voltage at the heaters.

But I don't know where abouts it is - can someone help me please ?

Cheers

Rob

kenney
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Can u send the year and engine code

Rob G
06-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Year is 2000, Tdi estate, Ambiente

I'm not sure where to identify the engine type. It's either AGR or AHF from the Europarts website - to confuse matters further the logbook has the engine number ending in 'ALH' !

Hope that helps us progress !

Cheers
Rob

kenney
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
pos 4 on relay carrier its marked 202

Rob G
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
My apologies for relying on your generosity further - but to save some fruitless searching and crawling around under the steering wheel, is that the relay plate that is part of the main fusebox (Haynes says behind the driver's side facia - I take it that's a RH drive driver!), but the book then goes on to say that some relays are at the rear of the engine compartment ?

Many thanks indeed for your help.

Rob

kenney
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
On the main fuse box

Rob G
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
And the one final question - do you know because you've had to find this out too, or do you have some magic book which tells you these sort of things ? Haynes certainly is useless for this !

Cheers

Rob

adamss24
06-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I suspect that this relay isn't functioning - poor cold starting, no click sound when the glow plug light goes off, and there's no voltage at the heaters.

But I don't know where abouts it is - can someone help me please ?

Cheers

Rob
If there is a relay problem, then it will throw a fault. Whats the milleage? Ussually on tdi, the glow plugs stay on when the outside temp. is under 5 degrees and they stay energised longer the colder it gets outside...