PDA

View Full Version : Problems updating Navigation Database via SD Card

johnsimcox
25-01-2019, 11:22 AM
So 4 days into my C8 ownership and up pops the "Navigation Database Update Available" message. Thought it would simplest to do it using an SD card rather via the data connection in the car. Having updated my computer (an older iMac running MacOS El Capitan 10.11) to the latest version of Java the MyAudi app ran fine and downloaded the file. First time I saved the folders to the computer as (certainly on the Mac version) it is not easy to find the location of the SD card when selecting the download location (it is under Volumes by the way). The problems then began.

Tried copying the folders to the SD Card and got error messages saying the file size of certain files were 0. Having found how to locate the SD card from the app, I tried again. All went well until the very end of the process where the app copies the files to the SD Card when it aborted the process because it claimed a file with the ".txt" ending couldn't be copied because it was a folder. SD Card (64GB) was formatted as FAT

Has anyone else had these issues? I did the update in the car using the Audi Connect data connection this morning and it all worked fine, just a bit frustrating the other way did not work as I had hoped/expected

PaulDiabolo
25-01-2019, 03:25 PM
About a week after I picked mine up, I had the same message - I just let it do it online. The data is included in the eSIM in the car so needed absolutely no interaction other than letting it get on with it.

Very easy indeed!

johnsimcox
25-01-2019, 03:55 PM
About a week after I picked mine up, I had the same message - I just let it do it online. The data is included in the eSIM in the car so needed absolutely no interaction other than letting it get on with it.

Very easy indeed!
Yes easy to do it with eSIM, however despite living very close to the M25 we have very patchy 4g coverage at home and I was concerned it will struggle to do the download. Turns out it managed it OK so will probably stick with that for the future

tdw197
28-01-2019, 09:45 AM
I did mine online over 2 or 3 journeys. Quite cool is resumes where it was after being switched off. Be nice if my laptop could do the same [emoji849]