PDA

View Full Version : Couple of minor but annoying issues - Nav and Assists

PaulDiabolo
22-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Got my 40 TDI Avant Sline in December and I really like it (came from a B9 A4 which is miles away IMHO). However, I get a couple of strange issues.

Every other week I get (separately) the following two issues:

1. All the navigation favourites (including the work & business locations) delete themselves
2. The car complains that the camera is obstructed (it isn't) so then I get failure alarms for main beam assist, headlight assist, pre-sense, distance alerts, etc

Re-adding the favourites fixes item 1 but it's annoying. Leaving the car switched off for a bit fixes item 2.

Anyone had anything similar?

Alan02
22-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Warranty valid? Take to dealer, possibly a software issue and may need an update?

PaulDiabolo
22-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I'll give them a call - the only thing is that if they can't replicate it they might not do anything.

tdw197
24-01-2019, 02:15 PM
2 has happened to me a couple of times. Both when i had parked very close to a wall in front though.

johnsimcox
25-01-2019, 01:42 PM
Not sure if this is a fault or just how my car works. I have the 40 Sport with no options, so only have Lane Departure and Pre-Sense Front, both of which are standard. Day after i got the car I started it and got the warning that there was a problem with pre-sense, accompanied by this warning light

Car was completely clean and after a short while the warning went. I just put it down to "one of those things". Since then however, and having driven the car, when I am driving I occassionally get this warning light, which is associated with Distance Control, and no other warning, even in the Driver Assist display

However all the references to the light seem to imply it is only relevant to cars with ACC which I don't have so am confused if this is how Pre-Sense Front works or whether there is a fault

On another point the Pre-Sense is obviously working as it acticated this morning in a car park going up a ramp because there was someone standing at the top of the ramp, behind a barrier on a pathway which the car clearly thought I was going to hit.

PaulDiabolo
25-01-2019, 03:23 PM
I don't have ACC on my car and get the red warning above as well.

johnsimcox
25-01-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't have ACC on my car and get the red warning above as well.
OK Sounds like it is working as intended

tdw197
25-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Yeah me too. It's when you are too close to the car in front.

johnsimcox
25-01-2019, 05:45 PM
Just surprised it comes up looking like it is a fault light rather than as some sort of warning in the main display area (which what it looks like you get if you have ACC)

rickerby
30-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Got my 40 TDI Avant Sline in December and I really like it (came from a B9 A4 which is miles away IMHO). However, I get a couple of strange issues.

Every other week I get (separately) the following two issues:

1. All the navigation favourites (including the work & business locations) delete themselves
2. The car complains that the camera is obstructed (it isn't) so then I get failure alarms for main beam assist, headlight assist, pre-sense, distance alerts, etc

Re-adding the favourites fixes item 1 but it's annoying. Leaving the car switched off for a bit fixes item 2.

Anyone had anything similar?

Yes I get (2) now and again. On one occasion there was some frost on the windscreen so probably valid. I’ve noticed it seems to happen if you park up for a short period, a minute or two. Seems to happen when you get back in. Clears if you switch off again or sometimes by itself. As noted the red light is a proximity warning if you get to close to the car in front.

bigease
20-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I too have a C8 40 Sline. The problems you describe are a software issue which I have been told should be fixed by a release next week. My car is at dealers today for a rear parking sensor issue, and they should confirm the update later. I’ll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsimcox
20-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Wonder if this will also fix an issue I am having with the Personal Assist function. Worked fine for the first week or so but since then it has not provided me with the "Assist" button on the navigation screen. Checked that Personal Assist is switched on and tried deleting all journeys thinking it had got confused as to what was a regular journey but no success. Anyone else have this issue?

bigease
20-02-2019, 11:18 AM
From what they told me there are a lot of fixes in the release, I’ve not seen a fix list though

PaulDiabolo
20-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Thanks all. I've not managed to call the dealer yet so will do and suggest they look out for software updates :-)

rickerby
20-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I too have a C8 40 Sline. The problems you describe are a software issue which I have been told should be fixed by a release next week. My car is at dealers today for a rear parking sensor issue, and they should confirm the update later. I’ll let you know.

Thanks for that -useful to know

johnsimcox
20-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Does you car have the Tech Pack or the standard navigation?

bigease
20-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Standard

johnsimcox
21-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Yesterday I tried doing a full reboot of the MMI system (press and hold the on/off/volume knob until the system restarts). After that it refused to let me log into my MyAudi account for quite a while. Eventually managed to do that and got a number of screen prompts that I do not recall having when I first set the system up with the sales guy at the dealer. Will see over the next day or so whether things like Personal Assist are working again

johnsimcox
07-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Any update on the availability of the software update and what it fixes?

rickerby
07-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Any update on the availability of the software update and what it fixes?

I popped into my dealer yesterday and they confirmed there is a “campaign” for A6, A7 and Q8 that relates to the spurious assistance system warnings I’m getting. They need the car all day to do it apparently so I’m booked in next week.

bigease
07-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Nothing yet for me. Just chasing again

PaulDiabolo
09-03-2019, 06:06 PM
I've got mine booked in for 5th April. Couldn't work out if they knew anything about it, will let them look at it and let me know.

johnsimcox
27-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Had the update done yesterday so will see what happens over the next couple of weeks with the assist systems, Also got them to investigate why on occasion when trying to start the car the ignition comes on as expected but the engine fails to turn over. Almost as if it is not sensing that the brae pedal is being depressed but no message saying that the pedal needs to be pressed. Needless to say "no fault found!"

Have another issue as well. At the lower point on the track for the luggage cover there is a small spring clip (see photos), think it may be to stop the cover rattling when closed. On one side it has come out and is dangling there. Apparently needs a new trim part which is not currently available (on back order) so the car will be going back as and when it arrives.

PaulDiabolo
03-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Mine is in today. Being cynical I'm expecting them to come back and say that they can't find anything wrong. I have photos of the alerts and have offered to send them.

I had a 50TDI saloon as a loan car for just over two weeks and the problems popped up on that one too.

Fingers crossed that my cynicism is wrong :-)

PaulDiabolo
03-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Just had a call from the dealer - it's going to be dropped back to me unfixed.

They've been in contact with the technical people and apparently there is no fix for the issue and also no ETA for one :-(

They did say that it's been reported by several other customers as well. Let's hope it gets prioritised.

johnsimcox
03-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Just had a call from the dealer - it's going to be dropped back to me unfixed.

They've been in contact with the technical people and apparently there is no fix for the issue and also no ETA for one :-(

They did say that it's been reported by several other customers as well. Let's hope it gets prioritised.
Strange they know noithing about it as it was a clear recall request from the factory to have the software for the assist systems updated and so far (after 1 week) it seems to have fixed the problems of bith claiming there is something blocking a sensor making the system unavailable and also creating spurious errors for no reason. Only reason would be that the software update does not relate to the version of the software fitted to your car, but seems unlikely as you have the same errors

johnsimcox
14-05-2019, 11:54 AM
Had the dreaded "assist systems can't be activated" messages again this weekend so it looks as if the software update is not a complete fix. Alos have a Navigation Update issue but will open a new thread on that

Jeff Calvert
19-08-2019, 07:18 PM
The software update to resolve the ‘Last destinations’ issue is a known problem, but a solution is still not available. There is a workaround. The My Audi application can be used to load the destinations to the car. There is a function which will log the car/user into My Audi whenever a mobile with Bluetooth enabled, is introduced into the car. The destinations will be reloaded from My Audi each time the mobile connects to the car via Bluetooth. Hope this helps.

ktosiek
20-08-2019, 10:43 AM
During my last long trip I've had several times cameras unavailable for no reason. Just all of the cameras (I have the 360 system) were crossed out and only acoustic sensors were working...Anybody had that issue?