Component: CLIMAtronic R/L 4326
Coding: 0000530

1 Fault Found:
01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)
014 - Defective
--------------------------------------------------------------

Are these things serviceable?
Probably not, but worth asking

I've tried to remove it but i cannot see how to get it out, any ideas?
I've removed the left trim by the wipers, it appears to be under the next bit of trim (the bigger section)
Do i need to remove this main section, or can I slide it out? (afraid of snapping something!)

Thanks

Gnits
15-01-2019, 03:54 AM
You've to remove (or turn away) the triangle shaped trim piece with the grilles on it, and the sensor is located under the wiper cowl part, about over brake fluid reservoir. You've to slide it towards the left side of the car to get it out, but unless you've tiny hands, it will be very, very hard. And it will be even harder to put it back on once replaced. You'll have to push the wiper cowl trim upward a bit (or more), which should be able to withstand that, but of course there will always the risk of breaking it, especially if it's more than a decade old.

The replacement might not be worth the risk though, as the Air Quality Sensor is only used when the A/C is set to Automatic Recirculation (the button with the round arrow around the A on it), and does not affect neither the engine, nor other parts or functions of the Climatronic anyway.