PDA

View Full Version : Cam belt change need a independent audi cheshire can anybody recommend one?

dragontest
05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi this is my first post... so please be gentle with me...

My A4 avant (2003) now has 59k on the clock and the main agent in my area (Crewe) wants basically £500 plus vat, to do a Cam belt change plus adjuster and auxiliary belts. I am now trying to find a cheaper garage to do the work, and wanted to find a recommended garage to do the work can anybody help me?

Thanks
Dragontest

SEMKY
13-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi There,

I always use VOTEK in congleton for anything required on my S3, they only use genuine parts too.
They have a web site, or they are on West St in Congleton.

Just been there today in fact for MoT and 90k service.

Good luck!
James

m4xmw
18-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Look on ebay, cos I think Audi in stoke are doing very good prices.
I know its a long drive and hang around but its half the cost!

Mark

dragontest
22-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Look on ebay, cos I think Audi in stoke are doing very good prices.
I know its a long drive and hang around but its half the cost!

Mark

Thanks for the tip....
I found Audi stoke selling it on a buy it now for £275. However, centralVwAudi offer a waterpump change inc. for £330 as the pump some times collapses and throws the belt off.
an interesting thing to know about.
many thanks.:biglaugh:

dragontest
22-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the tip....
I found Audi stoke selling it on a buy it now for £275. However, centralVwAudi offer a waterpump change inc. for £330 as the pump some times collapses and throws the belt off.
an interesting thing to know about.
many thanks.:biglaugh:

My mistake:Blush2: £270 must be for petrol models, mine is a tdi so Audi stoke want £395... still cheaper than the Crewe main dealer. But centralVwAudi have the edge on them... at £330..

dragontest
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Ended up at Audi main agent in Stoke... all in £350 thats water pump, timing belt, timing belt adjuster and all the other belts replaced, cleaned inside and out and 2 years guarentee on the work done, plus service book stamped... plus I had the use of a brand new loan car.

Cheap and a fantastic deal...
5* to Audiinstoke

m4xmw
06-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Thats a great deal.

I`ll be needing my car doing next year.

Its a long trek but looks a really good deal!

Mark

charlie1302
14-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi there also check out this link

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Stafford-Audi_SERVICING-CAMBELT-OFFERS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ10172001QQftidZ2Q QtZkm

i drove from sheffield to stafford to have my polo gti serviced and saved over £100-they are also doing my dads cambelt change on his Passett a dame site cheaper than any VW dealer.

cheers

phil