PDA

View Full Version : Please Help New Owner

cornishjock
29-12-2018, 04:27 PM
First post from a new 67Touareg R Type owner. Just got rid of a great 15yr old Landcruiser LC4 which I looked after like a baby from new and bought this VW as I tow A 1700Kg Hymer Caravan. Completely unimpressed with the lack of basic info in the VW handbook and am feeling very insecure! I have fixed my own cars for about 50 years and for the first time feel I have met my match as it seems built to be complicated. Firstly any suggestions for a good workshop manual? I have the same gearbox problem as others and have reverted to flappy 8th when possible. Cannot find a definitive capacity for the fuel tank, any suggestions? When I give the car a bit of a thrash it smells really hot around the back end. It has done nearly 6000mls so I find this strange. My £200 TomTom seems far better than the sat nav fitted. Do I have to link it to a phone to get decent traffic avoidance. Book is as clear as mud!! As an ex RAF electronics tech I am not afraid of most modern gizmos but it seems paying is needed to get anything worth while. I will probably plague the forum with questions so please be kind!

c4a5er
05-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Fuel tank capacity I believe to be 85lt unless you have the optional parking heater in which case you would get a 100lt tank.

For maintenance etc you can buy access to Erwin online and download official factory technical info.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showCarRepair.do

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cornishjock
10-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Thanks very much for the info