PDA

View Full Version : MK3 Golf 2.0 GTI (R) ENGINE CUT OUT ***

MK3 Heaven
05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi

I was hoping you guys can help me to solve this mysterious problem on my MK3 golf. :zx11:

My car seems to be cutting out especially on a cold start untill wharmed up, but saying that when idle it still does the same, there is no eratic rev sensor which works fine when in neutral

I have cleaned out the the throttle body, replaced the relay fuse number 30 (Voltage relay sensor) and fuel pump relay) have checked for any leaks and all fuses seem to be o.k.

The car once warmed is generally running very nice, but will cut out when breaking heavily, or going round a bend:aargh4:

I took it to a local garage who said the fuse box does not have a section for a diagnostic check, but had a thorough look and could not see any problems.
Further took it to VW who said there are mainly 2 commom problems which are

1) Voltage relay sensor
2) Camshaft sensor

I tried replacing number 1 but this has made no difference?????

Can ANY 1 help on this subject, really could do with some feedback

MK3 Heaven
05-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi

I have a MK3 golf 2.0 GTI, which seems to drink like a fish, when I fill up the needle dosent always move to where I expect it to or very little, NOT GETTING MUCH mpg, Although performance wise is good:(

Could there be something wrong with the fuel gage, or is there any sensors I can replace.

Could do with your positive F E E D B A C K:biglaugh:

andrew.butler57
15-12-2007, 07:08 PM
gti fuel gauges can be very tempremental, sounds like this is your problem, usually they will read half tank then all of a sudden drop to near the red! good luck

andrew.butler57
15-12-2007, 07:13 PM
sounds like your problem isn't with the relay side of things, i would be seeing if there is any logged faults ,use a vag reader and go from there! possible faulty temp sensor this may not log a fault but still be reading incorrect tempretures causing the car not to idle good luck

Crasher
15-12-2007, 07:18 PM
You have cleaned the throttle body but have you readapted the ECU to the throttle body using VAG-COM or something similar? Are you getting any fault codes?