PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Issue

Catlazer
28-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this before I go spending money.

I have noticed that the drivers rear door will not open from outside once unlocked so I think I need a new door lock but now I have noticed that the fuel flap will not open now. I know it has a separate lock for the flap but just wondering if they are linked in some way so that if I replace the door lock it will work or should I get the flap lock also.

Gunnark100
28-12-2018, 09:26 AM
No, those are not linked...you need to replace both...

despair2
28-12-2018, 10:28 AM
On my 1998 polo the fuel flap and boot are linked and both are locked solid ...the rear passenger doors whilst they will open the buttons are tight to pull up
The central locking vacumn pump has failed and iuntil i can find a replacement i am stuffed

As for the door locks and handles they were difficult a few years ago but heavy dose of silicone spray NOT wd40 solved that ...its worth a try

Crasher
29-12-2018, 12:58 AM
The 8K and other contemporary Audi fuel filler flaps are almost (not quite) as big a reliability joke as 8P rear wiper motors.

Despair, the Audi A4 type 8K uses a computer controlled electronic central locking system, your Polo 6N1 uses a electro pneumatic system operated by a pump under the right rear light unit, you would be far batter served to start a new thread in the Polo 6N section.

despair2
29-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Thank you ...do you not think i have been trying to find the Polo section on your forum ?

Its one of the most convaluted and dastardly forums i have ever found or maybe it simply is only designed to work on Apple!!

SchrodingersCat
29-12-2018, 05:04 PM
I had the same problem with the drivers side door, the passengers side door, and now the rear left one is acting up too.

I fixed the drivers originally by replacing the door lock. This was pricey at 90e per module, and it only lasted for a couple of months until I got the same problem again. So I opened it up and found that the commutator on the motor was in need of a good clean. Once I did that to all the dodgy modules they started working again, and have been working well for nearly a year now.

I wrote up a guide on how to do it here. Warranty Void: Repairing Audi A4 B8 8K door not unlocking with remote fob (https://warrantyvoidifremoved.blogspot.com/2016/11/repairing-audi-a4-b8-8k-door-not.html)

Crasher
30-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Thank you ...do you not think i have been trying to find the Polo section on your forum ?

Its one of the most convaluted and dastardly forums i have ever found or maybe it simply is only designed to work on Apple!!

Here Sir for your delectation and advancement Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php/9-Polo-Derby-Lupo-Fox)

It could do with some sub division though....

posted from my Apple iPad 2 air..............