PDA

View Full Version : Question liquid to liquid heat exchanger in a passat?

mikeote
28-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Hey guys thanks for looking at my thread,

I'm converting a trailer to be a sleeping area for travelling around and am thinking about heating options. Can you let me know if you think this idea would cause mechanical issues?

To use a liquid to liquid heat exchanger under the bonnet. The coolant would run through the exchanger and a separate circuit of water would be ran through the other side of the exchanger using a small 12v pump in the trailer. The heated water would run through the under floor heating pipes of the trailer.

This is the type of heat exchanger I'm thinking of using:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webasto-Thermo-Top-C-Thermo-90ST-Plate-Heat-Exchanger-With-Mixer-Tap-4111209A/322042039339?epid=2054086339&hash=item4afb338c2b:g:tfkAAOSwhMFbRyly:rk:7:pf:0

Cheers!
Mike

Alan G H
05-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Hey guys thanks for looking at my thread,

I'm converting a trailer to be a sleeping area for travelling around and am thinking about heating options. Can you let me know if you think this idea would cause mechanical issues?

To use a liquid to liquid heat exchanger under the bonnet. The coolant would run through the exchanger and a separate circuit of water would be ran through the other side of the exchanger using a small 12v pump in the trailer. The heated water would run through the under floor heating pipes of the trailer.

This is the type of heat exchanger I'm thinking of using:

Webasto Thermo Top C Thermo 90ST Plate Heat Exchanger With Mixer Tap - 4111209A | eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Webasto-Thermo-Top-C-Thermo-90ST-Plate-Heat-Exchanger-With-Mixer-Tap-4111209A/322042039339?epid=2054086339&hash=item4afb338c2b:g:tfkAAOSwhMFbRyly:rk:7:pf:0)

Cheers!
Mike
Surely you are not going to leave the engine running all night to keep the trailer warm?
You would be better off getting a lorry cab heater unit that runs on diesel, and run it on red diesel.