PDA

View Full Version : Insurance reduction with a tracker

ajtaylor82
03-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Hi all,

I’ve just had to renew my car insurance for the SQ7 and thought I’d run a few quotes with a tracker fitted. It’s reduced my premium by around 35%. Last year’s insurer increased the premium this year by around 20% so I’ve moved to LV=. Tracker booked in to be fitted at home by Trackerfit which has essentially paid for itself this year with the insurance saving. Next year it should just be the subscription renewal. Hope this helps some of you. Slightly pointless to be honest as the car already has an Autowatch Ghost on it so it’s not like it’s going to get stolen anyway!

SQ7 (my17) 4.0L 435PS, Glacier White, Titanium Black Pack, 22” 5-V-Spoke Alloys, Virtual Cockpit, Pano Roof, BOSE sound, Head Up Display, All-wheel steering, Phone Box, Audi Park System Plus with Park Assist and Surround Camera, Pre Sense City and Rear with Side Assist, Memory Seats, Red Callipers, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel.

Frithwood
03-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

I’ve just had to renew my car insurance for the SQ7 and thought I’d run a few quotes with a tracker fitted. It’s reduced my premium by around 35%. Last year’s insurer increased the premium this year by around 20% so I’ve moved to LV=. Tracker booked in to be fitted at home by Trackerfit which has essentially paid for itself this year with the insurance saving. Next year it should just be the subscription renewal. Hope this helps some of you. Slightly pointless to be honest as the car already has an Autowatch Ghost on it so it’s not like it’s going to get stolen anyway!

SQ7 (my17) 4.0L 435PS, Glacier White, Titanium Black Pack, 22” 5-V-Spoke Alloys, Virtual Cockpit, Pano Roof, BOSE sound, Head Up Display, All-wheel steering, Phone Box, Audi Park System Plus with Park Assist and Surround Camera, Pre Sense City and Rear with Side Assist, Memory Seats, Red Callipers, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel.

I see there are several versions. Which version and why did you choose it.

ajtaylor82
03-11-2018, 04:27 PM
I went with the Vodafone protect 6. Thacham cat 6 tracker which is a development of the original Cobra trackers (I think Vodafone bought them out) it’s insurance certified and provides everything you need including the option to upgrade if it’s stollen so they provide the full recovery service l whereby they give the police real-time data to get the car.

wardienet
04-11-2018, 12:07 AM
Bizarrely when I told Admiral I had a tracker fitted (Thatcham new S5) my insurance went UP a bit, couple of %. They couldn’t give me a decent reason. Not SQ7 though. I may look at LV as renewal soon.

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.