PDA

View Full Version : New member from North East of Scotland!

jmurray01
06-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm Jamie and I've just acquired a 2007 VW Passat SE 2.0 TDI, and being an 11 year old Volkswagen it is not 100% reliable at the moment hence you will probably see me in the Passat section looking for some help and advice...

Nevertheless I'm happy with my purchase, I got the car for next to nothing so at the moment it doesn't owe me anything and if I can fix the issues fairly cheaply I will be happy. At the moment it is the turbo intercooler and hose that needs immediate attention, both have been "patched up" but are still leaking. I've sourced cheap replacements of the intercooler and hose online as I sure as hell wasn't going to pay what VW wanted, and replacement will be talking place ASAP as I don't want to risk losing turbo pressure and having to crawl home as I did when it went the last time.

Aside from that there seems to be a parasitic drain on the battery which I will troubleshoot in due course and perhaps need some help solving once I know which circuit is causing the drain...

Well that's the quick introduction and run down of my situation, so I'll leave it there.

I'm not as active on forums as I once was (30-40 posts per day at one time) so don't expect to see me every day, but I will try to contribute as much as I can.

I will attach a couple of pictures of the car to this thread if I can.

Bye for now!

-Jamie.

Rob69
06-10-2018, 01:10 PM
looks pretty tidy for 56 plate !

jmurray01
06-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Thanks that's what I thought and for £100 with 3 months MOT I couldn't say no...

Scott K
08-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Looks tidy and great price. Welcome to the forum.