PDA

View Full Version : Please help A4 B6 bucking and then stalling at the lights

cmulindwa
03-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Dear All,

I really hope I can get some help here. My Audi is A4 B6, ALT 2.0 engine, with a CVT Transmission. It has been driving fine until yeterday when i noticed that i couldnt quickly accelerate beyond 1500 rpm. The car bucks at that point, drives on and gradually picks up speed. It felt abit like a blockage in the fuel lines. I noticed later that it started stalling at traffic lights and i had to restart several times, as it kept stalling. The engine starts just fine and I am able to rev it up to any rpm when parked, without any problem. The problem only exists when i start to drive. Reading previous posts on this forum, i understand it could really be anything from spark plugs, to the MAF, to Fuel filter, to the CVT, to coils. I am not getting any ECL lights on the dashboard and i have also scanned for faults using VCDS and have not got any on the engine or the transmission. I have checked the plugs and they look fine, I changed the coil packs only 3000 KM before so those should be fine too. I have used VCDS to get the lambda readings for the MAF and those are currently -0.2% on the adaptive and -1.6% on the multiplicative. A screenshot from VCDS is here attached.
It looks a bit strange to me that both are negative - hoping that i have done the test correctly! These are values generated when the car is on standby, revving the engine without driving. Could these negative values suggest a problem with the MAF? If not might anyone have an idea what it could be or how i could go about this problem. Many thanks in advance.