PDA

View Full Version : Please Help major problem with my A4 B6 2003 2.5tdi Quattro Avant..engine code ake

Frederickfp
01-10-2018, 04:20 PM
hi all , im needing some advice,

My A4 stopped running a couple of weeks ago and hasnt ran since other than a short "vroom" via a squirt of easy start into the air filter to assertain some sort of idea as to whether its a mechanical or electronic failure.. i bought a Ross Tech vag com diagnostic system last week and a toughbook to run it on today (as i only use Macs normally ) so's to cut down on "plug it in costs " at the garage..

there were no symptoms what so ever , just stopped running, no engine light or malfunction notice , was running perfectly ..

so using the vag com today i have a list of fault codes that have come up, which in my very novice opinion, from what ive read about over the past couple of weeks points to an injection pump failure or i'm hoping a connection failure of some sort, as everything was working fine, nothing to say anything was wearing out or due to fail ..

00542- needle lift sensor (g80)- 38-10 open or short to plus - intermittent
17583- pre-injection turned off p1175-35-10-intermittent
00550- start of injection regulation 27-10-implausible signal - intermittent
00532- supply voltage B+ 07-10 -signal to low - intermittent

i'd be thankful for any advise on what this could be .. regards Fred

Crasher
01-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Those VP44 pumps are nothing but trouble, before we had the ability to rematch the immobiliser we would always give them to a Bosch agent near us to repair as they kept the coding in most cases but now I we have ODISwe can buy them off the shelf.