PDA

View Full Version : Unpairing remotes

ianhayter
26-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Now here's an unusual problem. I've somehow managed to pair my wife's car to my key!!

I suspect it happened while I was doing oil changes on both cars (both B5.5 2.0 petrol) and replacing the drivers door window regulator and door lock on her car. Would have had my keys in my pocket while working of her car and probably applied pressure to one of the buttons while turning the ignition on and/or off when testing the regulator and lock before replacing the door card. Only noticed it yesterday morning because, with the colder weather, I was stood on the passenger side of my car when opening it and heard an "echo" from behind me. The echo turned out to be the locks of her car unlocking and locking in perfect sync with mine, checked both keys for both cars last night and it's only the one, so obvious short term fix is to use the other key. Not really a security issue either because the car relocks after 30 seconds as it should, but it would be nice to disable this "feature" if possible.

I have a full legit copy of VCDS if anybody knows of a way to clear a key off without going to the nuclear option of clearing them all and then re-pairing the two original keys.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Haven't received any suggestions so went with the nuclear option, cleared them all and re-paired just her two. All good now.