PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A1 electrical gremlins cropping up, comfort module?

Rhysd1309
03-09-2018, 09:32 PM
hi all. Got an A1 on a 60 plate, 1.6tdi. It has developed a few faults over the last couple of months and I was wondering if anybody could shed any light?

The wipers froze completely, I removed the linkage and motor (pita) and applied 12v directly, it seemed to work fine, so I refitted it, and now it works, just not on full speed. However, it works on full speed off the car.

Also, having the same sort of issue with the horn. It will stop working, take it off and apply 12v and it works fine, refit and it again works, but maybe only for a couple of weeks.

Next one of the back lights intermittently works

I was wondering if they maybe share an earth, or perhaps are all running off a faulty comfort control module as the car presumably runs a CANbus.

On a seperate note. When it idles, it jumpseverywhere (when cold) it used to do it when warm, but then went to the dealers to have the emissions update, and now does it when cold.

Audi have tried to remedy this shaking by fitting 4new injectors, and also an EGR valve, to no avail.

Many thanks!

Rhysd1309
09-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Horn seems to be working after changing it for a new one. No faults on VCDS. wiper motor changed to no avail. Discovered it loses its earth on pin 2 as soon as you switch it to full speed. If you manually give it an Earth it works fine?