PDA

View Full Version : Passat Fixed Service Question

Frank Bullitt
16-08-2018, 01:46 PM
My B8 Passat is on fixed interval servicing which is advised as every 10,000 miles/12 months - looking at the service indicator section in the ‘car’ section of the menu it’s always given me two figures, one for the intermediate service (due next) and one for the full service - the mileage on the two has always differed by 10,700 miles (the intermediate service sooner, ie 5,300 miles when the full service is 16,000 miles).

I’ve not given it much thought but the service book show when it will be due a service, this aligns with my own assumption based on 10,000 and also a sticker inside the windscreen saying the same figure - this is in 1,600 miles time. Today I now have ‘service 900 miles’ in my display

Having owned another VAG car for 13 years I'm well aware this is calibrated to km and the interval it works on is 15,000km so my question is, do I ignore the car and pay attention to everything else?

Yes, I do need to book a service but we’ve a weekend up north in a couple of weeks so I imagine it will be 3 weeks or so and at least 1,200 miles by the time we get back.

UMEL
17-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I thought they state somewhere 10k/12 months whichever is the sooner. I would stick to that principle.

Not quite the same but I have just had my B7 serviced at 40K but its on the flexible plan (long life oils). I phoned the supplying VW dealer first to check cost and was told Major at £299 because of the 40K. When I collected it they told me that according to their records it did not require the fuel filter, which is done at 60K, so the cost was only £230. I still change the engine oil every 12 months mind.

In short, book it in at every 10k.

Frank Bullitt
30-08-2018, 08:30 PM
All booked in for the 18th September, currently showing 400 miles but it’s actually 1100 miles acoording to everything else.

This service is free, as is the next one, so booked in for a minor service, AC service and brake fluid that way I can alternate an expensive service with a cheaper service plus these two bits.