PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Glow Plug then DPF light on - regain failed to clear?

mrcheeezy
16-08-2018, 11:47 AM
2009 Audi A3 1.9 TDI. 175k

First I had a flashing glow plug light that was intermittent. I did a fault code read and it showed:
001350 - Sensor 1 for Exhaust Temp Bank 1 (G235)
P0546 - 000 - short to plus - Intermittent

So I assume it needs a new sensor, but before I could replace it the DPF light came on.

I trued a region but no joy - could the faulty sensor be preventing a regen?

Thanks in advance

mrcheeezy
16-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Ok I managed to force a regen of the DPF - it looks like it hadn't regex'd in a while but it has cleared the def light and reduced the loading to 10% (from 80%!!).

Also confirmed the exhaust gas sensor is faulty as it would read 400deg C and then go full scale to 950 deg c and hold it for a while and then drop suddenly back to 400 deg C.

Question - how difficult is it to replace the exhaust gas sensor? Looks like i need a crows socket? Any tips?

Hamish1968
18-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Hi, can I ask how you got conformation the EGT was reading 400 - 950? I have a similar issue with EGT sensor 4 bank 1 on my Caddy and my DPF light came on but cannot do a regen. I had to take it to a garage who is changing the sensor (said it was def dead, not wiring or short) but I’d like to keep the old one to learn from.

I also would like to know how tricky they are - I have seen a post from Crasher warning to go gently as the stainless body can get stuck.