PDA

View Full Version : Turbo issue

sykums
10-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi, I am after some help with my Octavia vrs 2.0t petrol and I don’t seem to be getting much on Briskoda and have previously had a Audi and remember having a lot of advice here. I recently bought a 2010 Octavia and have a problem with power when I first start the car after being sat for a while the turbo is responsive and kicks in but this will only happen a couple of times and then I seem to lose the boost. The car doesn’t go into limp mode and there is a good amount of power just no boost! If I drive the car without putting my foot down I know that as soon as I try to overtake the power will be there but not for long. If I pull over and turn car off and on the problem will clear but only until I floor it again. A couple of replies on Briskoda are suggesting either the waste gate actuator or the diverter valve. Can anybody give me there advice as I really want to get this fixed. The mileage is at 48000 with full Skoda service history.

sykums
11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
35168Having a poke around the engine bay I found this hose which looks like it’s broken off. Any ideas?

Crasher
11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
That looks like one of the three pipe fittings to the wastegate solenoid has snapped off, i.e. the N75 valve, but it is an evil sod to get at, I can only just get at them from below. The part number is 06F 906 283 F and they cost £38.47 from any VAG dealer or TPS.