PDA

View Full Version : Please help - key locked in car

Snowjoe
02-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Hi,

in need of advice if anyone can help. On holiday in france and locked the key in the boot. So stupid and feel like an idiot. The spare is back home in uk. Roadside assistance didn’t help. You can’t somply pull the handle from the inside. Car has been towed to local garage and they will call VW tomorrow. Someone please tell me there is a simple fix for getting back in the car. The 800mile journey home starts on Saturday!

Does the lock need to be picked or can they code a new key in a day in france?

Thanks

UMEL
04-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Did you get sorted

Snowjoe
04-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Did you get sorted

Through VW assistance and an AA who’s been stationed out here during the summer heanaged to pick the lock.after several goes we were pretty close to smashing a window. So pleased he managed to do it. New VWs are an absolute pain to do he said. Will always travel wih spare key and I will never use the boot button. Too much risk involved!

FLAPPERJACK76
04-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Fairly certain you can have a lock delay time coding change on the rear boot. Ask your dealer when your back home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frank Bullitt
04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Glad you got it sorted - I never use my boot key for this reason, I can’t see why there’s a benefit to the boot opening on its own.

Our last car, Citroen DS4, had keyless entry and wouldn’t lock if a set of keys were still in the car.

Snowjoe
04-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Glad you got it sorted - I never use my boot key for this reason, I can’t see why there’s a benefit to the boot opening on its own.

Our last car, Citroen DS4, had keyless entry and wouldn’t lock if a set of keys were still in the car.

ive heard that jaguars won’t let you lock keys in the boot if you’ve used the boot open button. Sounds like a
feature all cars should have. With keyless start/stop I’m much more lax about where the key is.

I used to use the boot button a lot when key was in my pocket. I didn’t like to open everything because the mirrors kept folding and unfolding .Key was only in bag because we’d spent the day at the beach and I didn’t have pockets on my shorts. It’s all fine now must learn from my mistake!

fm_carv
05-08-2018, 11:52 AM
That’s odd! I’ve forgotten the key several times in the boot and it won’t let me lock the car....

Snowjoe
05-08-2018, 12:19 PM
That’s odd! I’ve forgotten the key several times in the boot and it won’t let me lock the car....

Are you KESSY?

i used the boot open button on the fob and then closed the boot and it locks straight away. I don’t have KESSY where I would imagine the key has to be outside of the car to lock the car

fm_carv
05-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Are you KESSY?

i used the boot open button on the fob and then closed the boot and it locks straight away. I don’t have KESSY where I would imagine the key has to be outside of the car to lock the car

Yes I have KESSY. Ok so that’s the difference.

UMEL
06-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Yes, I recall a topic on a Skoda Forum where a guy had problems locking his car which had KESSY.

After a week or so with peps offering numerous suggestions and or fixes he found the spare KESSY fob under the drivers seat.

Frank Bullitt
06-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Yes I have KESSY. Ok so that’s the difference.

Same as our old Citroën DS4, describes above