PDA

View Full Version : A1 1.6 TDI won’t start

Natasha1411
02-08-2018, 02:12 AM
Hello,

Today I got in my car around 8am to go to work, used it at half 4 to go home and then drove it for around 2-3 hours I then decide to get some fuel as it was in the reserves I go to the garage then I put diesel in the car. Go to start it and it’s not working, it’s ticking over but not actually turning on.

I then got worried and decided to go into the fuel station and get a receipt to make sure it was diesel not petrol. Which then to my assumptions I did indeed put diesel in, some random guy car over and started messing with the battery in the boot, closed the doors, locked them and somehow the car turned back on. I was over the moon.

I then drive it for around another hour and stop, turning the car off and going into a shop I came back out shortly after got back in and it turned on perfectly, THEN...

I drive to the fuel station again putting more diesel in, get back in drive literally 2 minutes down the road get out the car, I go back 10 minutes later and the car turns on and then completely stalls while in neutral. I then try and do what that guy did and 4 hours later the AA arrive and tell me there’s not enough pressure for the fuel or something? He tried to spray diesel somewhere in the engine and it went to tick over then didn’t.

Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Crasher
02-08-2018, 10:36 AM
Get it to a garage with proper Audi diagnostics and go from there. There are known issues with the A1 built before 13th July 2012 where they have relay quality issues which can cause your symptoms, I assume their are no warning lights on?

niall campbell
02-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Also just fill the car up with diesel in the first trip to the garage, your not just wasting time, you should always try and keep a diesel car away from the red

if you run out of fuel, you may have to bleed the engine

Natasha1411
02-08-2018, 01:33 PM
It’s a 62 model and nope no kind of warning lights is so strange..

Also just fill the car up with diesel in the first trip to the garage, your not just wasting time, you should always try and keep a diesel car away from the red

if you run out of fuel, you may have to bleed the engine

I didn’t run out of fuel, that’s why it’s so strange...

Crasher
03-08-2018, 11:06 AM
No not strange, quite normal in my life. What would be most useful to us is a full vehicle code rear that you can post.