PDA

View Full Version : Offside wing mirror camera not working

Sivo82
28-07-2018, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I'm new to all this forum chat, but I have a problem with my offside camera, which has decided to stop working.

My question is, can this be replaced easily and does anyone's have any info on where to start with dismantling the wing mirror to get at the faulty camera.

At this stage I have not attempted anything as I am struggling to find any help in the usual places online.

i would be grateful of any help/suggestions.

Thanks

Sivo82
29-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I'm new to all this forum chat, but I have a problem with my offside camera, which has decided to stop working.

My question is, can this be replaced easily and does anyone's have any info on where to start with dismantling the wing mirror to get at the faulty camera.

At this stage I have not attempted anything as I am struggling to find any help in the usual places online.

i would be grateful of any help/suggestions.

Thanks

l've now managed to dismantle my wing mirror, a bit tricky, but nevertheless all done. ;)

I then disconnected the camera unit and tested it in place of the front camera and it worked, leading me to deduce it must be a wiring/power issue. Is this a common fault and if so has anyone got any pointers/knowledge as to where the camera is wired from and if it is individually fused or not. I have looked through the fuse diagram and cannot find anything linking to the cameras? :1zhelp:

jimgironde
01-08-2018, 09:01 AM
l've now managed to dismantle my wing mirror, a bit tricky, but nevertheless all done. ;)

I then disconnected the camera unit and tested it in place of the front camera and it worked, leading me to deduce it must be a wiring/power issue. Is this a common fault and if so has anyone got any pointers/knowledge as to where the camera is wired from and if it is individually fused or not. I have looked through the fuse diagram and cannot find anything linking to the cameras? :1zhelp:

Factory/Dealer fitted? Is this not within your 3 year warranty?

Sivo82
01-08-2018, 10:29 PM
It is a factory fitted system, but sadly it is 3 years six months old, so out of warranty. I am wondering if there is an in-line fuse somewhere, as the other cameras all work fine and as explained before the faulty camera works when plugged into another camera output.