PDA

View Full Version : In car WiFi and Audi connect

Wippa
24-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi all. Picked my q5 sline up last Friday and having a play with all the toys and wondered if there's any advice on these.

The in car WiFi if being broadcast, my phone connects and I'm using android auto all seems fine. However it seems to offer nothing to anyone else in the car in terms of speed or data. Is this right or is there something I'm missing. If it's right, can I set up the data to come through my own phone and share that like a hotspot?

Audi connect sees me, the car and several options. However the unlock option etc is not available. It states assign key user and iseem to be in a loop with this. The manual search brings nothing. I goto the website and in there it doesn't see the car and thus can't assign a user.

Edit: I'm not so sure I am getting any data from the WiFi. When it connects, it asks to sign in and goes to site that never loads.

Any advice appreciated.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/5cd214aa3ab5a87b06a58ac73a620a71.jpg

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Wippa
26-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Managed to solve their connect issue. Phoned audicust svcs who said system needed a firmware update and take it to a dealer. I retraced the process and I'd missed one part, did that and the wonders (joke) that are the app are all working now.

Regards the WiFi i found some older posts that seem to firm up munition that it will only allow Audi connect to pass data through. If I actually want WiFi I need to but a data sim it would seem.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk