PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A3 - ESP Light comes on and car jerks a bit

Audia333
19-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Hi,

New to VAG, bought my first Audi yesterday. It is an Audi A3, 1.6, 2009 (54000 km mileage) and I seem to be having a couple of issues with it. The ESP light came on after 50 miles of driving and so we stopped, turned the car off then turned it back on. Unfortunately it made no difference and we couldn't tell why since the car drove fine. By the time we got home (20 more miles), the light was still on. We turned the car off and turned it back on again and this time the lights went out. I was quite happy to see them off and slept well.

Today, I was driving home from the gym and was doing 30-40 mph in 4th gear and the car seemed to shudder then carry on.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I really love this car and it's my first Audi, shame to see this problem within 2 days of buying really.

Alan02
24-07-2018, 08:31 AM
You need to have a diagnostic scan, preferably with a good one that can read all VAG codes (some dont show all codes that are current). It could be a speed sensor at one of the wheels?