Sport starts at £47110 ROTR

S-Line starts at £50470 ROTR

significant price increase compared to the old model

B5NUT
15-07-2018, 11:25 PM
That is for the V6 TDI, no prices yet for the 4 pot engines

ChuckMountain
20-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Agreed but they have also taken a few things off like 4 zone air con, park assist etc. All of which you might not want but are not cheap options now :(

johnsimcox
23-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Agreed but they have also taken a few things off like 4 zone air con, park assist etc. All of which you might not want but are not cheap options now :(
Just done as best I can a comparison with 3.0TDi Quattro (272) C7 SE Executive (actually dropped in the last price list but took £2750 off price of S-Line) against a 50 TDi Quattro C8 Sport

As standard the C8 Sport adds to the SE Executive Spec from the C7 the following:

18" Wheels
Progressive Steering (called Dynamic on the C7) but description seems identical
Folding mirrors
Lighting Pack
Ambient Lighting Pack
LED Headlights
Audi Pre-Sense Front - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
Lane Departure Warning - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
Rear View Camera
Tech Pack
Audi Smart Phone Interface

The C8 loses from C7 Spec:

4 Zone Climate
Milano Leather (rapace with Twin Leather)
Acoustic Side Windows
Space Saver Spare

So by adding all of the extras from the C7 price list to make it up to the C8 and deducting the cost of adding the missing items from the C8 that are standard on the C7 (I had to use a little licence in splitting things that were only in packs on the c7 to get a cost of a specific feature) we arrive at the following:

A C8 50 Sport is listed at £45910 whilst the equivalent spec C7 would cost £45685. The C8 50 also comes with an 8 Speed Tiptronic whilst the C7 272 comes with 7 speed S-Tronic.

This calculation actually surprised me as I too had thought the C8 might be over priced but on a like for like basis it seems not. Of course the issue would be whether the extras now included as standard on the C8 are those you would have added to the C7 or not. I also noticed in the price list it mentions several times Automatic transmission only against certain features. Does this mean despite Audi's denial in the past that there will be a manual C8 at some point?

ChuckMountain
23-07-2018, 05:46 PM
How are you getting the starting price at 45k base looks like 47k before any bits. On the road price that is.

johnsimcox
23-07-2018, 06:41 PM
How are you getting the starting price at 45k base looks like 47k before any bits. On the road price that is.

Both prices are based on the rrp not otr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckMountain
23-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Just done as best I can a comparison with 3.0TDi Quattro (272) C7 SE Executive (actually dropped in the last price list but took £2750 off price of S-Line) against a 50 TDi Quattro C8 Sport

As standard the C8 Sport adds to the SE Executive Spec from the C7 the following:

18" Wheels
Progressive Steering (called Dynamic on the C7) but description seems identical
Folding mirrors
Lighting Pack
Ambient Lighting Pack
LED Headlights
Audi Pre-Sense Front - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
Lane Departure Warning - Part of Tech Pack advanced on C7
Rear View Camera
Tech Pack
Audi Smart Phone Interface

The C8 loses from C7 Spec:

4 Zone Climate
Milano Leather (rapace with Twin Leather)
Acoustic Side Windows
Space Saver Spare

So by adding all of the extras from the C7 price list to make it up to the C8 and deducting the cost of adding the missing items from the C8 that are standard on the C7 (I had to use a little licence in splitting things that were only in packs on the c7 to get a cost of a specific feature) we arrive at the following:

A C8 50 Sport is listed at £45910 whilst the equivalent spec C7 would cost £45685. The C8 50 also comes with an 8 Speed Tiptronic whilst the C7 272 comes with 7 speed S-Tronic.

This calculation actually surprised me as I too had thought the C8 might be over priced but on a like for like basis it seems not. Of course the issue would be whether the extras now included as standard on the C8 are those you would have added to the C7 or not. I also noticed in the price list it mentions several times Automatic transmission only against certain features. Does this mean despite Audi's denial in the past that there will be a manual C8 at some point?

Sorry was on my phone before and didn't realise you meant RRP.

Even still looking at the price the base price of the A6 Sport 50 is 46,595 (ROTR 47,795) which is less than your figure? Which configurator are you using to get the old prices out of interest?

If you are adding bits on the C7 to bring them to the level of the C8 then surely you need to add things like the 4 Zone climate control? You can't take them off the price of the C8 otherwise you aren't applying like for like.

The C8 also loses the 73 litre tank.

The C8 does not have the tech pack on as standard that is a further upgrade. The regular one is touch because of the new interface but there is still a tech pack option so that should be not included in the C7.

johnsimcox
23-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Sorry was on my phone before and didn't realise you meant RRP.

Even still looking at the price the base price of the A6 Sport 50 is 46,595 (ROTR 47,795) which is less than your figure? Which configurator are you using to get the old prices out of interest?

If you are adding bits on the C7 to bring them to the level of the C8 then surely you need to add things like the 4 Zone climate control? You can't take them off the price of the C8 otherwise you aren't applying like for like.

The C8 also loses the 73 litre tank.

The C8 does not have the tech pack on as standard that is a further upgrade. The regular one is touch because of the new interface but there is still a tech pack option so that should be not included in the C7.
I took all the pricing from the A6 price list downloaded from the Audi website, On Page 7 it shows the 50TDi as £45910 RRP and £47110 OTR. Regarding things missing from the C8 that are on the C7 I reduced the C7 price by the amount for that item from the C8 price list. So for instance I deducted from the C7 list the cost (£825) of the C8 4 Zone Upgrade. The C8 comes with what is effectively the C7 tech pack as standard (i.e. 5 OTA map upgrades, Online traffic, 3 years Audi Connect, 10gb hard drive, my audi etc + map display in instrument panel (not virtual cockpit)) Tech Pack on C8 provides bigger top screen Google Earth Navigation, Natural Voice Recognition, Virtual Cockpit and Phone Box, none (except Google Earth) of which are in the Tech Pack on the C7. The 73 Litre tank is 115 on the C8 and I had omitted it in my calculations.

As I said it is not perfect but based on these figures the two are a lot closer than I was expecting. It would still have been a £4k+ options list on the C7 an you could not have reduced it by downgrading the climate system only benefit is that in a PCP options rarely affect the residual so you have to pay them in full over the term whilst on the C8 they will increase (hopefully!!) the residual and thus reduce the effective payments

ChuckMountain
23-07-2018, 09:54 PM
I took all the pricing from the A6 price list downloaded from the Audi website, On Page 7 it shows the 50TDi as £45910 RRP and £47110 OTR. Regarding things missing from the C8 that are on the C7 I reduced the C7 price by the amount for that item from the C8 price list. So for instance I deducted from the C7 list the cost (£825) of the C8 4 Zone Upgrade. The C8 comes with what is effectively the C7 tech pack as standard (i.e. 5 OTA map upgrades, Online traffic, 3 years Audi Connect, 10gb hard drive, my audi etc + map display in instrument panel (not virtual cockpit)) Tech Pack on C8 provides bigger top screen Google Earth Navigation, Natural Voice Recognition, Virtual Cockpit and Phone Box, none (except Google Earth) of which are in the Tech Pack on the C7. The 73 Litre tank is 115 on the C8 and I had omitted it in my calculations.

As I said it is not perfect but based on these figures the two are a lot closer than I was expecting. It would still have been a £4k+ options list on the C7 an you could not have reduced it by downgrading the climate system only benefit is that in a PCP options rarely affect the residual so you have to pay them in full over the term whilst on the C8 they will increase (hopefully!!) the residual and thus reduce the effective payments

Thanks, I see where you are coming from and fair enough :)

Mine include metallic paint which gives us the different base number :(

The C7 had a phone box and voice recognition, might not be as good as the new one but I think it is most of the way. I would certainly want to spec the Tech pack on the new one .....

I guess I was comparing my Black Edition BiTdi with £50,775 (RRP) + add on tech pack with what the S-Line was costing the 272 is £46,115. This compares against an S-Line which should be like for like comparable £49,270.

I would have to compare options more closely though for a fairer comparison/

robbyg
30-07-2018, 08:34 PM
At least the absolute rubbish BOSE is dropped and its all B&O now.
Bring on the new S6 and RS6 i say....

ChuckMountain
30-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Yes interested to see what the new S6 is like. What did you have before it ?

What's wrong with the Bose? Thought mine sounded a bit more refined than the B&O Low version in the new A7 I had for two days.

dtwort
02-08-2018, 04:11 PM
That is for the V6 TDI, no prices yet for the 4 pot engines

My local dealer have said the new A6 won’t be available with a 2.0 diesel. Apparently it’s easier to make a larger engine more efficient than it is for a smaller one so they are pulling the 2.0 diesel from the range and the new A6 will only be available as a 3.0 litre.

ChuckMountain
02-08-2018, 04:24 PM
I tempted to call bull on the dealer statement. :confused:

Looking at the German site, they don't have any 2.0TDI cars yet but neither do they have any non-Quattro cars yet. As much as I love my Quattro and wouldn't be without, if you are wanting to make it efficient removing the 4WD elements is one of the best way.

johnsimcox
02-08-2018, 04:30 PM
My local dealer have said the new A6 won’t be available with a 2.0 diesel. Apparently it’s easier to make a larger engine more efficient than it is for a smaller one so they are pulling the 2.0 diesel from the range and the new A6 will only be available as a 3.0 litre.

Your local dealer needs to look at the C8 price list on the Audi website https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/modelpricelists/A6%20Saloon%20and%20Avant%20Interactive%20Pricelis t%20Edition%203%200718.pdf. It quite clearly features a 40TDI which comes with the 204ps version of the 2.0 engine. Audi would destroy their presence in the UK corporate market if they did not offer a 2.0 version of the A6, it accounted for over 50% of the old version

ChuckMountain
02-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Your local dealer needs to look at the C8 price list on the Audi website https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/modelpricelists/A6%20Saloon%20and%20Avant%20Interactive%20Pricelis t%20Edition%203%200718.pdf. It quite clearly features a 40TDI which comes with the 204ps version of the 2.0 engine. Audi would destroy their presence in the UK corporate market if they did not offer a 2.0 version of the A6, it accounted for over 50% of the old version

Yes I thought I had seen it somewhere and had been looking at both the German and UK brochures.

As you say it would kill a healthy amount of their market.

I think it's a case of the sales person has not got a clue and needs to hit his targets so wants to sell you a car now not in whenever.....

Last time I was in the garage most of the sales team looked they were on work experience from school .... ;)

dtwort
02-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Yes I thought I had seen it somewhere and had been looking at both the German and UK brochures.

I think it's a case of the sales person has not got a clue and needs to hit his targets so wants to sell you a car now not in whenever.....

Last time I was in the garage most of the sales team looked they were on work experience from school .... ;)

This is brilliant and has made me smile! Thanks chaps! Seems to be another case of a salesman either not telling the truth or not knowing enough about what he is selling. He was adamant when I questioned it too!

dtwort
02-08-2018, 05:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180802/d09b91de73d9e66b2bb789d87a622c5b.png This is interesting... I can’t access the link provided above as it just comes up as page not found. I also only have my mobile for Internet at the mo. However, when I select the Avant it only gives me one engine choice and that’s the ‘50’? Am I doing something wrong? [emoji53]

ChuckMountain
02-08-2018, 05:32 PM
This is interesting... I can’t access the link provided above as it just comes up as page not found. I also only have my mobile for Internet at the mo. However, when I select the Avant it only gives me one engine choice and that’s the ‘50’? Am I doing something wrong? [emoji53]

Link works for me :)

Its not on the configurator yet so you won't be able to order it just yet....

johnsimcox
03-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Link works for me :)

Its not on the configurator yet so you won't be able to order it just yet....
Yes the configurator will obnly allow versions you can order and the 40 price is still TBC so not on the configurator. Noticed that the C7 Avant has now gone from the UK Website so no longer being promoted. Understandable as all UK C7s will need to be registered by 31/8 so Audi will be seeking to sell what stock is available with no opportunity for the customer to make decisions on options.

ChuckMountain
03-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Noticed that the C7 Avant has now gone from the UK Website so no longer being promoted. Understandable as all UK C7s will need to be registered by 31/8 so Audi will be seeking to sell what stock is available with no opportunity for the customer to make decisions on options.

Interesting, is that an Audi imposed deadline ? Wonder if there will be any too good to miss deals?

johnsimcox
03-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Interesting, is that an Audi imposed deadline ? Wonder if there will be any too good to miss deals?

No new car can be sold in the U.K. from 1 September unless it has been certified under the new fuel consumption and emissions test. The manufacturers have miscalculated how long this process will take meaning there is a massive backlog of cars needing to be tested. Some eu countries have given a grace period but not the U.K. The C7 A6 won’t be tested as it is going out of production, likewise BMW have pulled the M3 and VW the Golf GTI (non-performance version) from sale. As you say there may be deals to be had or a lot of A6 loan cars come September

ChuckMountain
03-08-2018, 01:06 PM
No new car can be sold in the U.K. from 1 September unless it has been certified under the new fuel consumption and emissions test. The manufacturers have miscalculated how long this process will take meaning there is a massive backlog of cars needing to be tested. Some eu countries have given a grace period but not the U.K. The C7 A6 won’t be tested as it is going out of production, likewise BMW have pulled the M3 and VW the Golf GTI (non-performance version) from sale. As you say there may be deals to be had or a lot of A6 loan cars come September

Thanks for that, I somehow must have missed it :beerchug:

The best deals are normally with a finance contribution so am surprised more dealers aren't contacting me. Wonder how much A6 stock is around?

AT.
03-08-2018, 01:12 PM
I heard, that VW manufacts as much car as they can until that deadline will come. It seems, that they have problems even with their new engines to fulfill the new requirements.

ChuckMountain
03-08-2018, 01:32 PM
I heard, that VW manufacts as much car as they can until that deadline will come. It seems, that they have problems even with their new engines to fulfill the new requirements.

How would that work in practice though as you would need to register the car before the 1st September which given that's 28 days away doesn't give them long. Can they register them as soon as they come off the production line or do they need to be in the UK?

AT.
03-08-2018, 02:06 PM
How would that work in practice though as you would need to register the car before the 1st September which given that's 28 days away doesn't give them long. Can they register them as soon as they come off the production line or do they need to be in the UK?

Honestly, nowadays I don't understand the VW logic in several aspects. IMHO they are waiting for a miracle, maybe this is the part of the BREXIT campaign as they want to make it a part of a exit deal. However, and IMHO most of the surplus will go for the continental EU or world wide, and probably they are waiting for a temporary exemption which can be corrobored with their large unsold stocks.

rickerby
10-08-2018, 10:05 AM

The 2.0 tdi is now on the configurator. Around £42k OTR for the S line. Magazines have also been full of 40tdi tests so your salesman is a disingenuous idiot! A6 now looking expensive against the 5 series and E Class even allowing for the extra kit

johnsimcox
10-08-2018, 10:30 AM
The 2.0 tdi is now on the configurator. Around £42k OTR for the S line. Magazines have also been full of 40tdi tests so your salesman is a disingenuous idiot! A6 now looking expensive against the 5 series and E Class even allowing for the extra kit
So basically impossible to get an A6 for under £40k list price otr, (the 40TDi Sport saloon just sneaks under), meaning higher RFL for the first 5 years. In fairness BMW only offers the 520SE just below £40k. makes the E-Class almost a bargain

Whippy53
14-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Love the way they made it heavier than the outgoing model.

ChuckMountain
15-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Love the way they made it heavier than the outgoing model.

Yes but given it's got a mild hybrid system onboard not really surprising :)

Whippy53
16-08-2018, 10:21 AM
So they can escape the diesel bans cos "it's a hybrid mate" the system adds nothing to the performance or economy that the promised weight reduction and aero gains wouldn't have achieved. Snake oil.t

rickerby
21-09-2018, 03:21 PM
So basically impossible to get an A6 for under £40k list price otr, (the 40TDi Sport saloon just sneaks under), meaning higher RFL for the first 5 years. In fairness BMW only offers the 520SE just below £40k. makes the E-Class almost a bargain

Looks like there here are deals out there already, with dealers advertising around £7k off before any negotiation. Pcp rates look lower than usual as well so perhaps transaction costs will end up about the same as before. It is a big exec saloon after all and will only sell with significant support