PDA

View Full Version : RFID pouch any ideas

ginvi
07-07-2018, 01:33 AM
Has anyone tried RFIDpouch that really works. I got one for my spare key fob and it was useless.
This wasrecommended by a car magazine. When I tried it for indoors the fob was able toactivate the locks outside
I triedcommon household aluminium foil and that works by blocking the signal,
thereforethe spare fob stayed in the cheap foil and the engineered expensive pouch went back to Amazon.
The everyday fob stays in old biscuit tin overnight although I can't prove if that works or not practically

dgwilson
09-07-2018, 08:57 AM
I keep my spare keys in a biscuit tin too. However, for an RFID pouch to work properly (as a Faraday cage) it would need to be earthed - and strapping the biscuit tin to an earth point seems to be a step too far!

hodders
12-07-2018, 09:02 AM
I bought these from Amazon and they work perfectly, even inside the car the engine will not start. You have to make sure the key is in the correct compartment of the pouch.
Car Key Signal Blocker Case 2 Pack CLKJCAR Secure: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (http://amzn.eu/dx3R8Fn)

srbsq7
23-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Our local community police were handing out ones designed for mobile phones. Works well and means you can put the whole bunch of keys in!