PDA

View Full Version : Question Central Locking Rear door

Davmar
05-07-2018, 06:11 PM
A4 S Line 2009 TFSI<br>Hi All,<br>Has any one corrected the issue with N/S rear door not unlocking with key fob but will open manually from inside?&nbsp; &nbsp;I Have searched for similar fault &amp; have visited wrong Forum Group! any assistance appreciated.

Jasonj1965
07-07-2018, 09:29 AM
A4 S Line 2009 TFSI<br>Hi All,<br>Has any one corrected the issue with N/S rear door not unlocking with key fob but will open manually from inside?* *I Have searched for similar fault &amp; have visited wrong Forum Group! any assistance appreciated.

Looks like the motor maybe faulty
This is a common problem with these cars
You will have to get a replacement motor installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davmar
07-07-2018, 11:50 AM
Cheers Buddy,

Now have somewhere to start as unsure of locking mechanism i.e. motor or pneumatic?

Sorry about gobbly gook in original message no idea what happened.

Jasonj1965
07-07-2018, 11:18 PM
A4 S Line 2009 TFSI<br>Hi All,<br>Has any one corrected the issue with N/S rear door not unlocking with key fob but will open manually from inside?* *I Have searched for similar fault &amp; have visited wrong Forum Group! any assistance appreciated.

1 other thing do you have vagcom cable
It will tell you if you have a problem and also check if your power
To the door column is fitted correctly
This happened to my daughters a1 it wouldn't lock so I pushed it
In and all ok
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davmar
08-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Hi Jason,
I dont have the cable but a mate of a mate checked it for me a while ago & nothing evident! I will check door pillar to door connection as you suggest & endeavour to get it checked with vagcom if fault persists.

Cheers Buddy appreciated.