PDA

View Full Version : mk4 golf stuttering

vwray
27-08-2006, 08:30 AM
I seem to have a problem with my 2002 tdi pd 130. it started very gradual sounds like it was missing then 5 miles further down the road the ESP light came on then it stuttered all the way home.
I dissconnected the battery becouse i heard it might reset the problem , i put the battery back on in the morning the ESP light had gone out but it still stutteres it sounds like 3 cycilders not 4 running. i filled up with fuel that day and allso it was rainnig very heavy, i`ve tryed injection cleaner but still no good . :1zhelp:

sliminconcoova
29-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi dude, I think you may have got a fault on the coils to your glowers.

I had a similar fault with my Bessie and what it was was the number one coil had somehow tor.

So yea, that was faulty, it took AA to come out and check it with there super duper computer, they replaced it and all was dandy.

I suggest you check that mate. It might be slightly different but i know that obviousely its not burnin the diesel correctly. So try getting a coil and replacing one at a time. (Swap the new one you have,) Very simple procedure, if you need to know more just reply.

Good luck bud.

adamss24
29-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Check the wiring to the injectors and get the car scanned for fault codes. Post them back here ! Good luck.

goose1932
06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I too would be very interested to hear the outcome of your problem.

I have just purchased a GT TDI 150 2003 52 plate with 71k and the engine sounds like it has a slight misfire initially, followed by the esp light coming on and the car feeling like its going to shake itself apart if you put your foot down. But when the car is restarted its like its back to normal until it happens again 10 mins later.

Having only purchased the car last week, and the problem occurring the day I drove the car away from an independent dealer, I have stopped driving the car to further my case if I have to end up handing the car back.

Taken the car to VW and they have diagnosed a faulty No1 injector at a total price of £670 with labour!!

Car came with a 12 month warranty but they wont pay up as they think the problem was there before I bought the car, which I tend to agree with them. The dealer says he's still fighting the warranty people but I think its a lost cause and delaying tactics.

Should I just ask for my dough back and get shot of the car?

Any ideas people?!!!!!

sliminconcoova
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
VW Directly are useless. ok they might do a good job and they have the exact know how, but buggered your bank will be if you go to them to get something sorted.

I suggest you go to your dealer and request warrenty details. By law they are to give you Company, Policey number, T&C. If they dont, they are in breach and you should either sell the car back to them under the condition that you are not at a loss. Or try and get the part from volkswagenspares.com and get a back street garage to do it nock off price.

In future, never go to a "dealer" as they can screw you over in so many ways. Get someone who knows what there doing, and if you do go to a dealer, get them to fault check it with you there, and get a report. If they want to sell that car, they will do what they can.

Hope this helps, anything else, LET ME KNOW.:beerchug:

vwray
06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
i took my golf to the vw dealer in shrewsbury shropshire, and it was found to be No4 injecter which had opened up some how they took off the fuel rail and closed up No4 with labour it was 135 pounds, your quote seems very expensive