PDA

View Full Version : Passenger wing mirror auto dip for Reverse?

furiousgeorge
21-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Hi

Just bought a 2015 B8 R Line and liking it very much, a definite upgrade on a 223000 mile B6 Highline!

It has auto folding and adjustable mirrors, and i was wondering if theres a way to get the passenger mirror dip (might be called curb convienience) when you reverse. I have seen some videos showing it as an option in the car menu settings, but i dont have the option to choose.

Ive tried this sequence:

1. Turn-on ignition but don't start the engine
2, Select Reverse
3. Select the passenger side on the mirror knob,
4. Adjust the passenger mirror position to where you want it to see the kerb,
5. Take the car out-of reverse and return to park (neutral)
6. Turn-off the ignition and the passenger mirror should return to the normal position

but it didnt seem to work. Perhaps i need a specific module?

Is it possible to do on an R-Line? or have VW been too tight to include it?

Ta

FG

Guest 2
21-06-2018, 08:59 PM
You'll love it, I've had mine for aroudn 15 months now. Great car, great cuiser and a great all rounder.

For mirror dip you'll need a tool called VCDS to enable the feature, its there, it just needs enabled.

SW2016
21-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Hi
Just try with Wing Mirror adjuster pointing to L (for left) - works in my R line when I engage reverse with engine running.
Mirror returns to normal position when engaging first gear.
SW2016

a900ss
13-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Hi
Just try with Wing Mirror adjuster pointing to L (for left) - works in my R line when I engage reverse with engine running.
Mirror returns to normal position when engaging first gear.
SW2016

same for me. Just have the rotary knob turned to the left mirror (I leave it in this position all the time) and select reverse. It should dip if you have this fitted (provided you have enabled it in the car settings)

P Adams
14-07-2018, 04:52 PM
I have a 2015 GT saloon and it’s not activated on my car ☹️

brayj2
12-11-2018, 10:23 PM
I have a 2015 GT saloon and it’s not activated on my car ☹️

Dragging up this thread.. I bought a car OBD port connector called Carista similar to OBD11. It is a diagnostic tool but also gives some customisation. There isn't much long coding stuff like vcds but I did do quite a bit. Turning on mirror dipping, audible beep when locking, fogs as coming leaving home lights, needle sweep etc there is quite a lot. £15 and you get a free month subscription which you can cancel before it charges you so you can carry out a host of mods for people :D

Jamie