PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 TDi oil leak

omracing
04-06-2018, 04:27 PM
My Audi A3 TDi went in for its MOT and they noticed there was an oil leak that could only be seen looking from the bottom upwards. On further investigation it appears to be coming from the timing belt area. So is it likely to be the camshaft or crankshaft seals ? I understand its easier to work on when the timing belt is removed. Would you normally do the job with a new timing belt and water pump at the same time ?

Now my car is not old its only 2014 and covered a mere 30k miles. Surely this is not a common issue with a low mileage car ?

audioilleak
01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Hello,

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue on my EA288 2.0 TDI. Small leak around the bottom pulley on the driver's (UK) side.

Thanks.

Bluehamster
27-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Have either of you had any luck with this?

Mine was diagnosed with 'slight oil mist around crank pulley area' during it's service. Hasn't used any oil since it was last serviced (2 years ago on flexible). Car is a late 2014 2.0TDI with just 26k on the clock.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned about it, I find is disappointing for a well looked after, low mileage and relatively young car.

audioilleak
07-08-2018, 10:59 AM
No I haven't had any luck with it yet. Going into the mechanic this week but he thinks it's the front main seal (crank seal).

audioilleak
14-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Front crank seal changed today so has hopefully solved the issue.

Part number 04L103151

My mechanic charged me £80 for part + £80 for around 2 hours labour.