PDA

View Full Version : Interior Condensation when Starting

Eltel
02-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi - I have a GT Sport TDI 170 with climatic A/C. Occasionally when starting i.e. when the heater fan starts, the windscreen and front side windows mist up for about 30 seconds or so then clear. This is with the A/C on and air recirc off. Does anyone else experience this? The car is only 3 months old, isn't damp inside and has done it from new. This is more noticeable when the air is slightly more humid naturally. (The A/C drains Ok. ) Once it's cleared it keeps clear and only re-occurs when starting. Any ideas welcomed - or is it just a Golf "feature" - I've not experienced this on any other cars I've owned and I already know from experience what the local dealer will say.........

Thanks

kenney
02-11-2007, 08:58 PM
This is not an unusual,the outside temp ad humidity,has a lot to do with

buttonmoon
08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
My BMW 320d does this, but my Golf mk4 never did ! :zx11:
It does'nt matter what the outside temp is, it does it in the summer and the winter.

It might be a leak in the heating system somewhere, i've never had time to check.

then again, in the Golf I hardly ever had the dial set to demist windscreen unless it was misted, whereas in the BMW I always have the little button and light on for the windscreen.

sometime it just starts to mist up when your driving along for no good reason :mad: