PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 TDI ESP and TPMS lights on

dgirllamius
30-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Hi there,

I just had some new tyres put on the front of my car and since then, the ESP and TPMS lights come on. It doesn't happen straight away, I'd say after about 20 minutes or so but it does it every time I drive to work and back (40 minute trip). It started when I took my car to the garage as a tyre had a nail in it and because they didn't have the tyres I wanted (all season), they put on some crappy old tyre so I could at least get about.

Yesterday I took it back as the tyres I wanted had arrived. They fitted them and I thought maybe the problem would go away after the new tyres were fitted but it didn't. I went back today and they just said "push the TPMS reset button".

Well, I've checked my pressure of my tyres several times, front and back - everything is where it should be. I press the reset button every time but it still does it.

Any idea what it could be? I know it's something to do with these news tyres as it's never done this before.

Forgot to put in the title that it's a 1.6 TDI Polo

Thanks in advance :)

(Ignore the handbrake light, I actually had it on and was questioned at the garage if that was part of the fault)

Crasher
30-05-2018, 08:02 PM
You need a fault code read on the cars systems first to see if there is anything relevant stored.