PDA

View Full Version : VAG codes help please!!

kaygolf
02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
My Golf 1.6 FSI has been in and out of the garage for the last few months as a result of various warning lights coming on. The ESP light is now permanently on and showing switched off. I'm 10 days out of warranty and have been quoted £1300 for a new ABS Unit. The garage have given me the last 3 diagnostics logs and I'm desperate for help in understanding it.
The codes are:
1.11.07 01435 (say I need to pay for new ABS unit)
(the log also flags up battery voltage of 11.6 but they didn't mention this - we have had to recharge the battery ourselves in the past because of problems with the radio switching itself on)

26.7.07 16475, 18359, 00668 (vehicle voltage terminal 30), 02386 (rain/light sensor function limitation due to excessive voltage - I'd asked them to check this but they said it was fine!) , 00446 (function restriction due to low voltage).

25.4.07 00668 (vehicle voltage terminal 30)

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of voltage issues - is that normal?
Any suggestions would be very gratefully received!
Thanks
Kay

Crasher
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Check the fuses on top of the battery and the plug that is pushed up into the carrier from behind, in front of the air cleaner. I have seen the fuses develop hairline cracks that only show if they are unbolted and checked. Also check the three green push in fuses.

kenney
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
regarding your radio fault,if it is Visteon RCD300 there is a Campaign on this radio,it does not go into sleep modus,and drains the battery.The faults recorded seem to come from unstabel voltage

kaygolf
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks for the suggestions. We'll have a look in the light tomorrow!
any ideas why some faults say low voltage and one says excessive voltage?
Kay

kaygolf
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
The radio unit was replaced quite a few months ago and is now fine I think - I was just wondering if the constant draining of the battery has damaged it and is now causing all these other problems?

Thanks for the suggestion - I must admit I dont know what they replaced it with - it could be a Visteon RCD300 - any ideas how I would know? Now I've been fiddling about in the car I've noticed that the cigarette lighter doesn't seem to work (have never tried it before) - this couldn't drain the battery could it?

Kay

kenney
02-11-2007, 07:03 PM
RCD300 is on front of the radio.cig lighter not working will not drain the battery.Excessive voltage fault can come from when you have recharged the battery,low voltage fault is of course your battery being drained.Go to a VAG shop and get them to check the sleep modus of the can-bus

kaygolf
02-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks again! I remain astonished at the helpfulness of the members of this site - just feel bad that I can only ask for advice & not offer any!