PDA

View Full Version : NOKIA 6300 - Factory fitted hands free car kit

Peter Lea
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I have recently brought a Nokia 6300 and I want to change the cradel in my factory fitted car kit. I brought a Bury Uni take and talk cradle for the 6300. The Phone fits and the cradle fits on the car kit, but it does not work at all. All i want to do is make/receive calls and charge the phone. Any one got any ideas. Thnks

zoomer
20-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi i have the same problem,got the bury bluettoth adaptor that fits into this hands free car kit to convert it to bluetooth.Spoke tothe guy at fonejunkie and you also need to change the phone kit main unit installed

Teflon
20-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I have recently brought a Nokia 6300 and I want to change the cradel in my factory fitted car kit. I brought a Bury Uni take and talk cradle for the 6300. The Phone fits and the cradle fits on the car kit, but it does not work at all. All i want to do is make/receive calls and charge the phone. Any one got any ideas. ThnksIt would help if you tell us age of car and which phone kit you have.

If it is the VW "Telephone Preparation" with factory fit cradle holder, then this is the list of available cradles http://www.zubehoer-service.de/news/news.php?id=25&carid=9&lang=en&mcarid=. The 6300 is not on it, but you could ask the dealer if one has become available.

If you have the newer "Premium Bluetooth Kit" then the 6300 works okay with it, providing you turn on SAP mode on the phone. It's just about the only phone that does work with it! In bluetooth mode you will need a separate car charger.

zoomer
20-09-2008, 03:42 PM
It would help if you tell us age of car and which phone kit you have.

If it is the VW "Telephone Preparation" with factory fit cradle holder, then this is the list of available cradles http://www.zubehoer-service.de/news/news.php?id=25&carid=9&lang=en&mcarid=. The 6300 is not on it, but you could ask the dealer if one has become available.

If you have the newer "Premium Bluetooth Kit" then the 6300 works okay with it, providing you turn on SAP mode on the phone. It's just about the only phone that does work with it! In bluetooth mode you will need a separate car charger.

I have a UK spec 2006 passat sport 2.0 tdi - the phone kit is the factory installed bury phone kit with the detachable talk and take cradle for the nokia 6800 or 6800i.But what I want to do is put in a blue tooth adaptor instaed of a cradle - bury supply one but it wont work with the factory installed kit as far as I can see

euroslap
20-09-2008, 04:00 PM
IMO you're better off having a Parrot kit fit without the cradle and keeping a charger in your glovebox. Simple to use, neat, very clear display and no unsightly cradle. ;)

zoomer
20-09-2008, 04:16 PM
IMO you're better off having a Parrot kit fit without the cradle and keeping a charger in your glovebox. Simple to use, neat, very clear display and no unsightly cradle. ;)

Yes I think I will go that way - Is it easy to fit with the audio mute and speakers etc.I am looking at the ck3200

euroslap
20-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes I think I will go that way - Is it easy to fit with the audio mute and speakers etc.I am looking at the ck3200

Yes, don't let whoever you get to fit it charge you for an additional mute kit as the standard head unit in your car has a speaker level input. Therefore it'll work great with your factory fit head unit. ;)

By the way the ck3200 is a nice piece of kit with the colour display.

zoomer
20-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Ah great job - My mate fitted one to his skoda octavia,said he will have a go at mine.Can anyone tell me exactly where the factory fitted bury system control box is located under the dash?I take it its on the passenger side around the central console:o

euroslap
20-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Ah great job - My mate fitted one to his skoda octavia,said he will have a go at mine.Can anyone tell me exactly where the factory fitted bury system control box is located under the dash?I take it its on the passenger side around the central console:o

Just trace back from the cradle, I'd imagine it's behind the stereo/heater or glove box. ;)

zoomer
20-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Will give it a go and advise how it goes:beerchug:

euroslap
20-09-2008, 07:09 PM
If you run into any probs. drop me a pm. ;)

zoomer
20-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Cheers mate:approve:

zoomer
24-09-2008, 04:52 PM
:1zhelp:Had a go at looking for the existing phone kit but wasn`t able remove the glove box where the wires seem to go.Does any one know where the existing factory fitted phone kit control boxes are situated.Will save me pulling apart the entire car:(:1zhelp:

hartry
25-09-2008, 07:22 AM
have you looked under the drivers seat?

see http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10305&highlight=glove+box+removal for glove box removal insructions

zoomer
25-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Problem solved I Think:D,
Came across this - VW universal Pairing adaptor on page 4.
Not available in UK for another month - but on a well known auction +site now:Dclick the link:DWont have to retro fit at all now:D

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/fileadmin/pdf/adapter/3C0_035_729_G%20%20V002_doc.pdf

zoomer
30-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Found the blue tooth adapter in english now too;)

http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/fileadmin/pdf/adapter/3C0_035_729_G%20V004_doc_gb.pdf

zoomer
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I got the Pairing adaptor from VW as mentioned above,Hey presto fits straight into the dash mount and paired no probs with my sony erricson K800i phone.Only problem is that there is no bluetooth activation button on the adaptor like an ordinary kit,such as the parrot.I dont have a button on the steering wheel.so when the phone rings I have to press the answer button on my phone.I can then take the call through the car kit.To end the call I have to press end on my phone.There are two buttons on the vw pairing adaptor but one is to quickdial for breakdown assistance and the other is a information quickdial number.I would rather have a blutooth button to answer and hang up the phone.I will open a new thread with this to see if there is a shortcut to solve this.