PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Alhambra electrics......

martinedwards
02-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Hi folks.

I have a '06 Alhambra. Had it 8 years and it's a great old bus.

the electrics have gone loopy.

1st the central locking went, going on and off repeatedly, so I pulled the fuse. I can live with that.

yesterday, the radio died, as did the heater, and the other thing I've noticed is the seat belt warning light and buzzer.

the fan works, engine is fine, headlights (and dash lights.... including radio), the start up ignition warning lights all come on as normal, and the weirdest of all, the clock...... starts at 00:00 when the engine is turned on, runs until it's turned off and then goes blank when the ignition is off.

I've pulled and checked ALL the fuses in the box under the steering wheel (one 5a one was blown, key showed an engine with a thermometer) and the three beside the battery were all intact too.

the only other info I can give that MIGHT be linked is the driver's door lock is knackered so I have a new one ordered, and all the wires to it NOW disconnected, but that hasn't impacted the weirdness!

is there a reset switch, or another fuse box I can't find?

I know putting it on the computer will likely throw up the issue but (a) I don't have the diagnostics cable etc and (b) if possible I'd like to prove to my wife that I'm capable of at least SOMETHING!

any suggestions please!

thanks!

martinedwards
03-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Is there an emergency mode? All the vital stuff still works, it's the bells and whistles that have gone offline....... Coincidence? Probably!