PDA

View Full Version : Golf Plus 2.0 TDI 2012/62 Plate Blocked DPF Help needed VW quoted £2400 to replace!!!!!! HELP NEEDED!!!

iworld
28-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Hi

I have a Golf Plus 2.0 TDI 2012/62 Plate which has done only 42,000 miles. The DPF two warning lights came on and the engine management light as well. When I am driving it, it feels like it is on limp mode and cannot

pickup at all. I took it to my local VW garage and they said I need a complete replacement DPF for it as it is completely blocked and cannot be regenerated. I tried to take it to a Halfords garage before when the light first
came on but they could not do a force regeneration. It seems my local VW want me to go down the expensive route. I was told that it was rare to have a car with a DPF issue and it must have been the way I drove it. I drive locally, A & B roads and the occasional motorway journey so I was surprised that at 42k miles it went.

I was also told that some garages have a cheap way of removing the blockage in the DPF - Does anyone know a cost effective way of getting my car back to normal performance and getting rid of the lights? I don't want to replace the DPF filter due to the expense - anyone experience a similar problem?

I would really appreciate the advice

Thanks

Gazwould
28-04-2018, 07:36 AM
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/2017-06-24-10-55-23-jpg.129033/

neilos100
28-04-2018, 12:18 PM
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/2017-06-24-10-55-23-jpg.129033/But all the above now is illegal and an instant MOT failure isn't it? Hence the 'off road use only' warning on the invoice.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gazwould
28-04-2018, 12:31 PM
The square hole is cut and welded facing the engine on a blind side where a tester can't see .

Then there's VIN plate manufacturers smoke coefficient numbers.....

Amo Zirins
28-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Hi

I have a Golf Plus 2.0 TDI 2012/62 Plate which has done only 42,000 miles. The DPF two warning lights came on and the engine management light as well. When I am driving it, it feels like it is on limp mode and cannot

pickup at all. I took it to my local VW garage and they said I need a complete replacement DPF for it as it is completely blocked and cannot be regenerated. I tried to take it to a Halfords garage before when the light first
came on but they could not do a force regeneration. It seems my local VW want me to go down the expensive route. I was told that it was rare to have a car with a DPF issue and it must have been the way I drove it. I drive locally, A & B roads and the occasional motorway journey so I was surprised that at 42k miles it went.

I was also told that some garages have a cheap way of removing the blockage in the DPF - Does anyone know a cost effective way of getting my car back to normal performance and getting rid of the lights? I don't want to replace the DPF filter due to the expense - anyone experience a similar problem?

I would really appreciate the advice

Thanks

Search for your nearest terraclean garage or mobile DPF cleaners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iworld
05-07-2022, 09:35 PM
I know someone with a similar problem
Here a couple of things you can try
1) a Mechanic can manually remove the SOTT and do a force regen, but the likelihood is that it will come back again
2) try some DPF cleaner that will clean the soot, you need to run the car in 3rd gear at 50mph for 10-15 minutes for it to burn it off
3) Use Shell optimax diesal in conjunction with the above

If the above do not work then the likelihood is to replace the DPF Unit.

I am sure there are good mechanic out there that know a way around this issue.

Crasher
06-07-2022, 10:52 AM
I hope after four years this is resolved but almost any blocked not physically damaged DPF can be cleaned off the car, DPF Clean Team are excellent at this job saving my customers thousands AND remaining legal not pumping life threatening particulates into the air.