PDA

View Full Version : How economical?

princebishops
27-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Thinking of changing my mk6 GTD for a B9 190 stronic.

Trying to decide on whether or not to get the normal 190 or the ultra? Honest John’s real mpg suggests a significant difference between cars economy.

Any thought? Anybody had a similar dilemma? Anybody advise on how economical their B9’s are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yuppyflyer
27-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Thinking of changing my mk6 GTD for a B9 190 stronic.

Trying to decide on whether or not to get the normal 190 or the ultra? Honest John’s real mpg suggests a significant difference between cars economy.

Any thought? Anybody had a similar dilemma? Anybody advise on how economical their B9’s are?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy 190tdi ultra avant manual gets 40-50mpg round the doors and 55-60 on the motorway normal driving. You have to be pushing hard or cold engine with all the ancilliaries running to get less than 40mpg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IIGAZI360II
27-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Have a 190 TDI S Tronic (Not the Ultra), reset the long term MPG figures when I picked the car up in February - Currently it's showing 53.5MPG average for the long term memory, do a mixture of short journeys (2-3 miles) and long journeys (60 miles +) throughout a month.

On the longer journeys the 'Current journey' average MPG figure hovers around low 60's. Of course it's all dependent on driving style and conditions too.

Thriftmeister
29-05-2018, 11:43 AM
I have the 3.0 218 and economy is amazing. I've done 9000 miles and the average since new so far is 49.2. However, now the weather has warmed up I am seeing 52+. That's brim to brim using the fuelly app, the computer says closer to 60mpg right now and average 54 since new. I can get it down to 38 but have to drive it like I stole it and with the soporific s-tronic that's a bit difficult. I drive constantly in dynamic mode with the gearbox back in D, not S and make maximum use of the intelligent coasting. My journeys are mainly 15-30 miles or the odd 200 mile motorway trip. I hear the 2 litre is only marginally better

They don't do the FWD 3.0 TDI any more but if you can find a used one it might be worth considering. Nah, get the 4WD, I wish I had! The extra fuel cost is nothing compared to £5000+ pa depreciation:approve: Smoothness and torque delivery absolutely eclipses the already best in class 2 litre.