PDA

View Full Version : DPF replacement

Gyro
25-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Having more issues with the SQ7!

As I posted about back in December January, the car was with the dealer for two months whilst an EGR coolant leak was diagnosed and fixed. Now, after experiencing transient losses in power and shuddering under acceleration, it is needing a new DPF and Audi are not sure if this will even fix the issue however all their diagnostics have led them down this path so fingers crossed. The car does plenty high-speed motorway runs so it's not as if the DPF should be clogged up to the extent it needs replaced. Anyway, it's been with them two weeks now and the parts, as usual, are on "back order", so Audi can't tell me when the parts will arrive. Best case is that I'll get the car back two weeks from now, so a month in total without the car. Based on last time, I'm not holding my breath.

Probably going to look at getting shot of it in the coming months depending on how the figures stack up, but at only 18 months old I guess it's going to be a bit of a struggle to get the money for it that I need to make it viable.

Never a dull day!

Renars
25-04-2018, 08:30 AM
Shame on Audi.

Nemo78
25-04-2018, 08:30 AM
Having more issues with the SQ7!

As I posted about back in December January, the car was with the dealer for two months whilst an EGR coolant leak was diagnosed and fixed. Now, after experiencing transient losses in power and shuddering under acceleration, it is needing a new DPF and Audi are not sure if this will even fix the issue however all their diagnostics have led them down this path so fingers crossed. The car does plenty high-speed motorway runs so it's not as if the DPF should be clogged up to the extent it needs replaced. Anyway, it's been with them two weeks now and the parts, as usual, are on "back order", so Audi can't tell me when the parts will arrive. Best case is that I'll get the car back two weeks from now, so a month in total without the car. Based on last time, I'm not holding my breath.

Probably going to look at getting shot of it in the coming months depending on how the figures stack up, but at only 18 months old I guess it's going to be a bit of a struggle to get the money for it that I need to make it viable.

Never a dull day!

Gulp not great news - mines had DPF issues and twice been back to dealers for it - but from memory they changed some sensor not the DPF and ever since it’s been fine.

However it’s in again now with a faulty parking brake unit...

I just think there’s some cars (yours and mine Gyro with inherent faults...)

Gazwould
25-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Ahh , everyday is a dpf merry-go-round and egr day ,not fit for purpose .

https://youtu.be/-bOlDFFhuPM

I know what I'd do....

Rob69
25-04-2018, 09:20 AM
RIP diesel

Gyro
25-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Yes, next car will definitely be a petrol - going to use all these issues we've had to try and talk my wife into getting an RS6. I've only been trying for about eight years...

Renars
25-04-2018, 01:26 PM
I know what I'd do....

I think our prefer DPF treatment not possible on SQ7 YET ;)

Scottishjock
25-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Yes, next car will definitely be a petrol - going to use all these issues we've had to try and talk my wife into getting an RS6. I've only been trying for about eight years...

I have just come from an RS6 family circumstances mean i need the biggest barge possible - you wont regret it but avoid the 21" alloys as there are multi reports (including mine, all 4 within 6 months) of buckled alloys

If you are into your tech it is getting a bit old now but when you put your foot down for the 2 seconds before going illegal you will forget all about that.

Gyro
26-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Miraculously, all parts arrived today so DPF replacement and associated work should be complete next week. Just worried that the whining sound I was hearing is a turbo problem caused by a clogged DPF putting back-pressure on the turbine/compressor - they won't know until they check it. I was getting max. boost on the boost gauge so hopefully it's just a gremlin in the system (not heard it for a few weeks now). Fingers crossed anyway.

Gyro
26-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Cheers Scottishjock ...I have lusted after an RS6 for years, since the V10 days, but my wife would be driving it more than me and only really wants a "high up car". It doesn't help my lusting that there's three of them in my work car park - one of which is the 600+BHP performance version in Navarra Blue with the same 22s I have on the SQ7. It is stunning!

Gyro
09-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Had the car back since Friday and all seems to be good (touch wood). Audi have said they will extend the factory warranty for a further year, at their cost, which I've accepted. Hopefully that's the end of the SQ7 woes!

Nemo78
09-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Had the car back since Friday and all seems to be good (touch wood). Audi have said they will extend the factory warranty for a further year, at their cost, which I've accepted. Hopefully that's the end of the SQ7 woes!

Great news [emoji1360]

Gyro
28-05-2018, 09:14 AM
The saga continues. Wife was driving along the motorway with our three-year-old son in the back when the dashboard lit up and the car went into serious limp mode - lost pretty much all power and struggled to get back into the slow lane to pull over. Lucky she didn't get rear-ended by all accounts. Anyway, she went straight to Audi, and apparently unleashed hell in front of the head of business and after sales manager, along with months and months of frustration. Bottom line is the DPF that was replaced a few weeks ago has completely failed, will not passively regenerate and will not allow a forced regeneration. The are back and forward to Audi technical trying to get a solution but the executive office are now involved with Audi UK and they have, without my prompting, started discussions about replacing the car. I guess more because they must have spent easily well into five figure trying to put things right and aren't willing to pump more and more cash into the car.

I haven't lost faith in Audi, I think we've just been very unlucky. I am pretty gutted, but I can't believe how good Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been about it all, I just hope whatever happens, happens as quickly and easily as it can, but I will be pushing all the way to not be out of pocket over this.

Nemo78
28-05-2018, 10:27 AM
The saga continues. Wife was driving along the motorway with our three-year-old son in the back when the dashboard lit up and the car went into serious limp mode - lost pretty much all power and struggled to get back into the slow lane to pull over. Lucky she didn't get rear-ended by all accounts. Anyway, she went straight to Audi, and apparently unleashed hell in front of the head of business and after sales manager, along with months and months of frustration. Bottom line is the DPF that was replaced a few weeks ago has completely failed, will not passively regenerate and will not allow a forced regeneration. The are back and forward to Audi technical trying to get a solution but the executive office are now involved with Audi UK and they have, without my prompting, started discussions about replacing the car. I guess more because they must have spent easily well into five figure trying to put things right and aren't willing to pump more and more cash into the car.

I haven't lost faith in Audi, I think we've just been very unlucky. I am pretty gutted, but I can't believe how good Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been about it all, I just hope whatever happens, happens as quickly and easily as it can, but I will be pushing all the way to not be out of pocket over this.

Jeez Gyro that can’t have been a good experience for her (unluckily I’ve suffered it also a couple of times).

Seems some cars have all the glitches - my recent one was parking button failure ending up with no ‘handbrake’

Great to see that they are looking in to replacing the car for you - hope al resolved smoothly and quickly [emoji1360]

Gyro
29-06-2018, 10:48 AM
So an update, car has now been with Audi for six weeks, so about four months in total this year so far. They have flown a "boffin" in from Germany and have had another SQ7 brought to the garage and have been running all sorts of troubleshooting / diagnostics in parallel on both cars for comparison. Call from them last night to say they have traced the fault to one of the turbos (issue with boost), apparently it should be a relatively easy fix but I won't hold my breath on that one. As I have said before, both Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been unbelievably good all the way through, although I am a tad peeved as I did suggest it could be turbo-related at the start!

The service manager is keen to have a meeting to explain exactly what the issue was, how it was causing all the other issues, and what they have done to fix it. I reckon on parts and labour, the warranty costs must be well into five figures!

Renars
29-06-2018, 01:19 PM
So an update, car has now been with Audi for six weeks, so about four months in total this year so far. They have flown a "boffin" in from Germany and have had another SQ7 brought to the garage and have been running all sorts of troubleshooting / diagnostics in parallel on both cars for comparison. Call from them last night to say they have traced the fault to one of the turbos (issue with boost), apparently it should be a relatively easy fix but I won't hold my breath on that one. As I have said before, both Edinburgh Audi and Audi UK have been unbelievably good all the way through, although I am a tad peeved as I did suggest it could be turbo-related at the start!

The service manager is keen to have a meeting to explain exactly what the issue was, how it was causing all the other issues, and what they have done to fix it. I reckon on parts and labour, the warranty costs must be well into five figures!

Keep us informed what service manager said ;)
I remember some turbo noise sound clip from you a while ago.

Gyro
07-07-2018, 03:14 PM
So Audi delivered the car to the house yesterday, full tank of fuel and properly valeted (told them on no account were they to use a sponge on the bodywork!). All seems to be hunky-dory - plan to go in to see the service manager next week to get the lowdown.

Anyway, just over three hours after the car was delivered my wife managed to kerb one of the wheels 🤬.

Gyro
01-08-2018, 07:45 AM
OK, so had the car back about a month now and all is good, they seem to have properly gotten rid of all the gremlins now (touch wood), and everything is running great.

Audi UK have closed the case, but as I keep saying both them and Edinburgh Audi have been first class. Because of the issues experienced, I've had £3,000 in cash, a free warranty extension to cover the fourth year, and my next service is going to be free as well. Pretty chuffed with that and way more than I was expecting.

andyhud007
01-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Gyro,

Been keeping tabs on your thread since the start and I'm so glad to hear things "seem" to be done and dusted and sorted. Yes, that is a great result by all accounts, 3K on top of whatever Audi (and I'm sure Audi AG will be coughing up over this not Audi UK or the dealer) have had to pay for all of this it must be running well into 5 figures as you say.

Did you end up having your meeting with the Service Manager to get the details lo-down on what was done, outcomes etc? Be great to understand if your happy to share but most importantly you have your car back and all seems well

Great news :beerchug:

Andy

Nemo78
01-08-2018, 01:51 PM
OK, so had the car back about a month now and all is good, they seem to have properly gotten rid of all the gremlins now (touch wood), and everything is running great.

Audi UK have closed the case, but as I keep saying both them and Edinburgh Audi have been first class. Because of the issues experienced, I've had £3,000 in cash, a free warranty extension to cover the fourth year, and my next service is going to be free as well. Pretty chuffed with that and way more than I was expecting.

Great result and even better news that the cars seems to be behaving [emoji1360]