PDA

View Full Version : Alarm going off.

skibuddy
23-04-2018, 08:15 AM
So this weekend I moved my A4 from the driveway and parked it around the front of the house. A couple of minutes after locking it the alarm started to sound. No flashing indicators, just the alarm going off. Unlocked it, re-locked. 2 minutes later the alarm sound again. Opened all the doors, bonnet etc. Started the engine, stopped the engine, locked the doors again. All windows were shut. 2 minutes later the alarm sounded again. Still not flashing indicators. Unlocked it, opened a door, closed it and left the car unlocked for an hour. Re-locked the car. The alarm hasn't triggered since. Could atmospheric conditions or heat inside be to blame? Should the indicators flash when the alarm sounds? Is there a way to tell what was triggering the alarm?

gregpot2000
24-04-2018, 12:36 PM
So this weekend I moved my A4 from the driveway and parked it around the front of the house. A couple of minutes after locking it the alarm started to sound. No flashing indicators, just the alarm going off. Unlocked it, re-locked. 2 minutes later the alarm sound again. Opened all the doors, bonnet etc. Started the engine, stopped the engine, locked the doors again. All windows were shut. 2 minutes later the alarm sounded again. Still not flashing indicators. Unlocked it, opened a door, closed it and left the car unlocked for an hour. Re-locked the car. The alarm hasn't triggered since. Could atmospheric conditions or heat inside be to blame? Should the indicators flash when the alarm sounds? Is there a way to tell what was triggering the alarm?

Hi

This is known problem, Audi have issued a software update to fix this I believe, I would give your dealer a call.

skibuddy
14-05-2018, 05:01 PM
No fault found. Customer to monitor further.

This was the finding from my dealer. Frustrating because I would have thought there would have been some log of the alarm being triggered in the MMI somewhere. No mention from them of a software fix!

I know they tested the alarm being triggered because I got an alert via the Audi MMI Connect iOS App while it was with them.