PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Electric window not working

dave_herts_uk
22-04-2018, 11:18 PM
I have an A3 8P Cabriolet and the roof will not work because the O/S rear window will not lower.
It won't work from the door switches nor the roof control system.

At first this was an intermittent problem but now it has failed completely.
Any suggestions on what might be causing this, before I start pulling apart the trim panels to get to the window mechanism?
Are there any guides on how to remove the trim?

Also, I have tried a generic OBD scanner and it show no fault codes. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced scanner that will recognise the Audi specific fault codes?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Dee Amour
08-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Did you get the problem sorted? I had the same issue.
I have an A3 8P Cabriolet and the roof will not work because the O/S rear window will not lower.
It won't work from the door switches nor the roof control system.

At first this was an intermittent problem but now it has failed completely.
Any suggestions on what might be causing this, before I start pulling apart the trim panels to get to the window mechanism?
Are there any guides on how to remove the trim?

Also, I have tried a generic OBD scanner and it show no fault codes. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced scanner that will recognise the Audi specific fault codes?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

dave_herts_uk
08-08-2018, 09:44 PM
I found the problem was a broken wire in the rubber gaiter to the driver's door.
Hope this helps you.

Dee Amour
11-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Thanks and glad you sorted it. My issue was water ingres in the loom from work done by halfords. Total bill £788, thanks halfords for coughing up...

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk