PDA

View Full Version : Question Air conditioning

helpmeguys
19-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Hi guys.
Got in my 2014 Superb elegance today after work and realised due to the sweat blinding me on the way home that the fan is not working. Have checked the fuse but this seems fine and even when i swapped with 20A (it is 10A) still no wind. Can anyone shed any light/point me in the right direction. If it's gonna continue to be this warm i NEED wind and I can't find much online.
Cheers

i should add it's just had an MOT and i'm sure it was working prior to that?

rowdy-999
20-04-2018, 07:48 AM
You need to scan for codes to pinpoint the problem.

helpmeguys
22-04-2018, 04:43 PM
You need to scan for codes to pinpoint the problem.

Turns out it was a simple fix. Had found some brief detail on the blower motor seizing so i dug around behind the glove box which was very easy to remove and refit (only broke 1 locating pin so a win as far as i'm concerned). Found the blower and removed with a simple rotation in a plastic housing. Free'd it all up with a variety of fluids ;-) as it was obviously very stiff and gave it a cursory spray with contact cleaner and it now blows like a goodun again. Yay! What is not so yay is the fact that i unplugged the airbag in the process so now i need to clear a code i think. Am i correct in thinking Rowdy that the fault is held until i do this or have i caused some damage or something? Certainly didn't notice anything as i was working. If so can you recommend a bit of kit that is good and suitable and not £1000 pounds?

Cheers